The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, flood said:

Watched the goals from yesterday online and seen the north stand progressing. Have a few questions if anyone can answer..

Have you kept the old north terracing at front or built new? 

How many seats will stand part have?

When is it due to open?

I have business in South Ayrshire and had looked at hospitality when we played you, and due to covid/lack of availability i could not book, so be good to know whats in plans..had a look at your website and no mention!

Yeah it’s the old terrace that’s still there. 

No idea on seating capacity but the overall capacity of the ground isn’t changing and if all goes to plan it should be open for next season. 

I think the plan is that Smith wants the club to offer a really good hospitality package. Our vice-chairman is pretty experienced in the hospitality industry so wouldn’t surprise me if he took on the running of that. The idea is that we’ll be able to generate a good portion of our revenue through that. 

I think once it’s done they’ll have some sort of grand opening (hopefully not in League 1) and the actual packages will become known closer to then. 

14 minutes ago, flood said:

Watched the goals from yesterday online and seen the north stand progressing. Have a few questions if anyone can answer..

Have you kept the old north terracing at front or built new? 

How many seats will stand part have?

When is it due to open?

I have business in South Ayrshire and had looked at hospitality when we played you, and due to covid/lack of availability i could not book, so be good to know whats in plans..had a look at your website and no mention!

Number of seats above the terracing is around a total of 800, I think.

Around 250 of that is planned to be for hospitality folks, with the other 550ish being general admission.

Edited by AuAl

46 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Is this a thing now that going to the Hub pre match rather than the Bowling club or some of the pubs in town where the local OF fans ask who we are playing today is a bad thing?  

I was referring to the post match sing-a-longs tbh. Specifically that the high heid yins seem to think those in the hub post match are representative of the wider support. 

52 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Is this a thing now that going to the Hub pre match rather than the Bowling club or some of the pubs in town where the local OF fans ask who we are playing today is a bad thing?  

Wouldn't say so, no. I go there myself when I can.

I was just having a dig about the post play-offs group hug that went on. I wasn't there but the scenes that emerged from it were some of the most embarrassing I've ever seen as an Ayr fan and lost Bullen any lingering bit of credit he had with me.

I think it's a cracking facility.

29 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Number of seats above the terracing is around a total of 800, I think.

Around 250 of that is planned to be for hospitality folks, with the other 550ish being general admission.

thanks all for replies 

250 is a big number, think we have 100 at our 1869 suite - so if full every game, that will help your income 

Edited by flood

2 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

Kerr, Duffy and Hopkin were all binned with our current form 

Surely Bullen hasn’t got that much credit in the bank?

If you look at it from an employment law point of view, he overachieved 7 months ago, he hasn't failed this season and there is still plenty of time not to fail. It is like when Roberts was manager and Cameron couldn't sack him because he'd met the basic terms of his contract. 

From a supporters point of view, everyone can see its not working and not getting better. 5 wins in a calendar year is a shocking stat that trumps any feeling or belief that the club has about the direction we are going. #Premierleagueriddy  

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Notice that Charlie Mulgrew has just started following the club. Into the mix as a recommendation by his pal if Bullen gets his jotters. 

Did hear before the match that if Bullen lost then McGeady and Mulgrew were taking the reigns

Thought that was some kind of sick joke but now you've got me worried...

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

McGeady and Mulgrew 🤣 aye maybe on Si Ferrys show but hopefully not the Ayr touchline

Darren O'Dea is following us too but idk how long that has been for, jesus christ there's an invasion of green and i'm not talking about the smell lingering in the ayr from lochside and white city!

In all seriousness i'd take O'Dea, can't be any worse than just now. He seems highly rated and has been doing a proper gig for a couple of years with the celtic b team which isn't exactly going to be a mickey mouse setup. 

40 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Darren O'Dea is following us too but idk how long that has been for, jesus christ there's an invasion of green and i'm not talking about the smell lingering in the ayr from lochside and white city!

In all seriousness i'd take O'Dea, can't be any worse than just now. He seems highly rated and has been doing a proper gig for a couple of years with the celtic b team which isn't exactly going to be a mickey mouse setup. 

Maybe ODea enjoyed a pishing wet Somerset when he was down for the Moffs testimonial 😂

Fairly grim pickings tbh in manger suggestions, either youth team managers , ex (or near ex in McGeadys case) players with a coaching badge, or the usual names pimped out for EVERY available managerial vacancy. Honestly depressing the thought of Bullen staying or who gets the job next 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

If you look at it from an employment law point of view, he overachieved 7 months ago, he hasn't failed this season and there is still plenty of time not to fail. It is like when Roberts was manager and Cameron couldn't sack him because he'd met the basic terms of his contract. 

From a supporters point of view, everyone can see its not working and not getting better. 5 wins in a calendar year is a shocking stat that trumps any feeling or belief that the club has about the direction we are going. #Premierleagueriddy  

Football management and employment law very rarely match.

There will likely be a caveat in the contract which states employee can be terminated by the board at any time. This would of course mean we had to pay out what remains on his contract.

Or we could “relieve him Of his duties” aka Gardening Leave, which I’m sure is what Partick did with McCall.

Very unlikely that his contract will be as tightly worded to the point we can’t get rid.

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

McGeady and Mulgrew 🤣 aye maybe on Si Ferrys show but hopefully not the Ayr touchline

I had a feeling this might happen tbh. Wouldn't take much to convince Paul Caddis to come back up here from Hereford either.

Did I not read recently that Mulgrew is busy visiting managers at other clubs to learn about their processes? Seems strange if he would abort that to declare he already knows it all and is ready to run a team.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Did I not read recently that Mulgrew is busy visiting managers at other clubs to learn about their processes? Seems strange if he would abort that to declare he already knows it all and is ready to run a team.

On his insta that he was down at Brighton a few weeks ago 

10 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

Wouldn't say so, no. I go there myself when I can.

I was just having a dig about the post play-offs group hug that went on. I wasn't there but the scenes that emerged from it were some of the most embarrassing I've ever seen as an Ayr fan and lost Bullen any lingering bit of credit he had with me.

I think it's a cracking facility.

At the risk of nitpicking, Peterhead's Social club/bar was far superior. 
There is room to move between tables, a bar area where you can get served as they have pumps right along,no queue snaking back and blocking the door into the place.

Edited by Peil
tidied the post as I appear to have the editing skills of a goldfish

1 hour ago, Peil said:

At the risk of nitpicking, Peterhead's Social club/bar was far superior. 
There is room to move between tables, a bar area where you can get served as they have pumps right along,no queue snaking back and blocking the door into the place

I think when the north stand is completed they’ll have the option of moving the Hub offices over there , which would free up space to extend the bar floor space . That’s assuming we’re not playing in front on 100 punters in the south of Scotland league . Joking !! 

27 minutes ago, railwayend said:

I think when the north stand is completed they’ll have the option of moving the Hub offices over there , which would free up space to extend the bar floor space . That’s assuming we’re not playing in front on 100 punters in the south of Scotland league . Joking !! 

Think they said the office space vacated by the club would be filled by the Academy. 

on the Hub layout. It is only full for 3 hours every 2 weeks. The hospitality industry is struggling across the board so they won’t manage to get it more busy during the week. It’s balancing the current usage against how busy it could be if people weren’t put off going in due to how busy it is.