The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Probably more busy trying to find us a new head coach while in the middle of the January transfer window 

Nah, he's waiting for the tears and snotters to subside. Could be weeks.

24 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Would we maybe want this off? Just thinking it would give us time to get the new manager in 

From a purely selfish pov I can’t make the game so want it off. Like you say it gives us extra time to get a new manager in. Realistically when are we expecting someone to be appointed, is it likely their first game will be against Queens Park at Hampden a week on Saturday?

20 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Surprised we've had no update from Mathie on what has happened this week. Would have thought a Dear Lee video would have dropped by now.

Motherwell are looking for a CEO. Fingers crossed he’s been busy interviewing for that. 

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

From a purely selfish pov I can’t make the game so want it off. Like you say it gives us extra time to get a new manager in. Realistically when are we expecting someone to be appointed, is it likely their first game will be against Queens Park at Hampden a week on Saturday?

Motherwell are looking for a CEO. Fingers crossed he’s been busy interviewing for that. 

Had heard the hope was appointed by Monday, in stands Tuesday and in dug out for QP.  

52 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Surprised we've had no update from Mathie on what has happened this week. Would have thought a Dear Lee video would have dropped by now.

With Burns Night approaching perhaps a video reading of an amended 'John Anderson'

We clamb the hill thegither;

And mony a cantie day, Lee,

We’ve had wi’ ane anither:

Now we maun totter down, Lee,

And hand in hand we’ll go,

And sleep thegither at the foot,

Lee Bullen, my jo.

9 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Might we even see some applicants in the stand on Saturday if it’s on? 

It would be very funny if McCall rocked up on Saturday to potentially scout for loans.  

28 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Had heard the hope was appointed by Monday, in stands Tuesday and in dug out for QP.  

If the weather forecast, wind wise, is correct for Tuesday then you'd think the game could be in doubt. Might not be the worse case scenario although happy to play if we get Stephen Kelly back to take corners.

3 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

If the weather forecast, wind wise, is correct for Tuesday then you'd think the game could be in doubt. Might not be the worse case scenario although happy to play if we get Stephen Kelly back to take corners.

@Richey Edwards Do your thing here.

49 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

If they’re moving that quickly then I’d say it’s more likely to be Brown or Courts. 

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

@Richey Edwards Do your thing here.

10 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Reported for multiple accounts Sean Batty.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If they’re moving that quickly then I’d say it’s more likely to be Brown or Courts. 

Yeah I was thinking that, to be fair I would be happy enough with either 2, think Bowyer would be more short term.

3 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

On balance I'd prefer to hear news of at least a couple of signings - the new head coach will arrive in time.

Maybe a reason they're trying to get someone in quickly is to assess the squad (HA) and they can have a say in what positions they feel need strengthened etc.

21 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Maybe a reason they're trying to get someone in quickly is to assess the squad (HA) and they can have a say in what positions they feel need strengthened etc.

Let's make sure we don't allow them to assess the squad before they sign the contract please. They'd end up doing a Pendlebury.

13 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Let's make sure we don't allow them to assess the squad before they sign the contract please. They'd end up doing a Pendlebury.

Just send them the running stats - they’ll look braw

Mathie will obviously be busy, but over an entire week I would still expect him to give an update to supporters. 

Even tomorrow, an update on the situation would be helpful. Last time he set out a timeline, and I think it helps to alleviate some of the stress within the support.