The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, The Smell of VICTORY said:

Stainrod tried to get the match abandoned after the third red. I thinks that's when my football PTSD started. Up unitl the we usually won at Stair Park nae bother. Stainrod is the worst manager we had in my opinion

Stainrod was an absolute charlatan and I massively regret buying a fedora outside rugby park in his first Ayrshire derby. My mate grabbed it off my head and launched it onto the pitch. Was raging at the time but a few months later not so much.

I still cannot believe we binned Burley and got that arsehole Stainsheets. Fucking clown of a manager, his league of nations shite should have said how poor we were. His classic that all the top teams will be taking points off each other, no one will notice Ayr coming through the pack. Clown deserves shot for the fedora pish. Not a fan!!!

Edited by Ayrfix

Just now, Ayrfix said:

I still cannot believe we binned Burley and got that arsehole Stainsheets. Fucking flown of a manager, his league of nations shite should have said how poor we were. His classic that all the top teams will be taking points off each other, no one will notice Ayr coming through the pack. Clown deserves shot for the fedora pish. Not a fan!!!

Only 2 people that I can think of that wore a fedora. Simon Stainrod and George Galloway. Enough said. It’s like the Hitler tash. Nobody does it these days because of what came before.

Seen this Doncaster City fc that was established in 2022 11th in the English league pyramid signed 3 players today on short term deals,  Ross McCormack, Charlie Mulrgew and Scott McLaughlin… one of these things if not like the other lol

1 hour ago, muZZa__44 said:

Seen this Doncaster City fc that was established in 2022 11th in the English league pyramid signed 3 players today on short term deals,  Ross McCormack, Charlie Mulrgew and Scott McLaughlin… one of these things if not like the other lol

It's odd seeing older players wind down at clubs like that, clearly money talks 😅 Though it'll be good for any younger players coming through.

Wouldn't have minded Ross McCormack of five or six seasons back at Ayr. Charlie Mulgrew was spoke about as a potential manager by some before Scott Browns appointment 🤔

Scott McLaughlin did not bad for Ayr, though I think the pally-pally thing he had with Mark Roberts contributed to the abysmal football and the near relegation to league two 😬

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Scott McLaughlin is still playing? Jeez. 

nah he retired 4 years ago but is now back it seems last played with Stenhousemuir in 2020, played with him in the Moffat Testimonial and well looked good there against fans XD (thank christ he was on my team)

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Gads, Scott McLaughlin.

I used the term 'Gads' a few times at Ibrox last week and a couple of Sevco numbskulls quizzed it 😅. It must be a typical Ayrshire origin saying. 

It's Like the word 'Haneck'

Example: 'Haneck, you support Killie! Ya fanny!'

14 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I used the term 'Gads' a few times at Ibrox last week and a couple of Sevco numbskulls quizzed it 😅. It must be a typical Ayrshire origin saying. 

It's Like the word 'Haneck'

Example: 'Haneck, you support Killie! Ya fanny!'

I always assumed it was a universal expression of disgust in Scotland. Every day is a school day.

15 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Aye, but yer better off with stadium parking.

OK, cheers.

But why would you say stadium parking is better? Never usually bother with it as it costs money.