The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ChristopherMoltisanti said:

does anyone know the reason why Albinson was dropped and kept out the team in the first place?

There’s no denying he’s one of the best keepers in the league, all just seems a bit strange.

Folk seem to have been spouting all sorts of nonsense on Facebook which I won’t repeat here as I think it’s pretty poor for people to be making stuff like that up. 

He hasn’t been as good as he was last season. Whether that’s related to a new goalie coach or not, I’m not sure.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Supposedly there was a row with brown but that is just hearsay, he had a few clangers in browns first games 

Tbf he dropped a fair few clangers under Bullen this season as well.

Edited by D'Jaffo

1 minute ago, ChristopherMoltisanti said:

does anyone know the reason why Albinson was dropped and kept out the team in the first place?

There’s no denying he’s one of the best keepers in the league, all just seems a bit strange.

There is some stories going about that he had a habit at the local bookies and that's why he was dropped I tend to not believe that though because if he had broken some kind of rules no way would the chairman and in be posting tribute posts about him, more likely is he wants to get back up the road and home sickness contributed to his loss of form.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Supposedly there was a row with brown but that is just hearsay, he had a few clangers in browns first games 

First choice keeper and goalkeeper coach binned..... there was clearly a fair ding ding behind the scenes. Let's hope whoever we get as our No. 1 works well with timo and we stop loosing goals for fun. 

2 minutes ago, ChristopherMoltisanti said:

Would quite like to see us sign an experienced number 1 in the summer. As much as I like Clarke, his command of his six yard box had cost us a few goals this season. His shot stopping is second to none though.

Aye I’m the same. If ICT go down I’d be all over Mark Ridgers. A very good keeper at this level. 

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye I’m the same. If ICT go down I’d be all over Mark Ridgers. A very good keeper at this level. 

2nd best Goals Against recorded in the league... you could be on to a winner there! 

34 minutes ago, ChristopherMoltisanti said:

I believe there was a falling out with Bullen and he then signed a pre contract elsewhere, given a chance by Brown but played shite and since he had the PCA it wasn't worth seeing any more from him.  

He was one of the poorer goalkeepers in the league this year when he played so it's really no loss to us if he wants to job around at Chipping Norton FC or whatever. 

57 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Don't rate him at all. Quite a few of the goals we've scored against then the last couple of years seemed to come when he was nowhere to be found. Anecdotal evidence of course.

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

Was there not chat of one of the Irish teams being interested in McGinty last season?  I'd be happy if he stayed, but equally if he's not going to figure into Brown's plans then it might be best if he can be allowed to move on.  

A random article appeared midseason linking him with a move to league 2 in England. Think it might have been Barrow but not totally sure. 

5 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

A random article appeared midseason linking him with a move to league 2 in England. Think it might have been Barrow but not totally sure. 

Aye it was but that was when we were flying in 2022-23 I’m sure. Think we maybe knocked back actual money for him because it was so last minute and we had no chance of getting a replacement in. 

1 hour ago, ChristopherMoltisanti said:

Would quite like to see us sign an experienced number 1 in the summer. As much as I like Clarke, his command of his six yard box had cost us a few goals this season. His shot stopping is second to none though.

Heaed a rumour we’re after Rohan Ferguson from Larne

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

Was there not chat of one of the Irish teams being interested in McGinty last season?  I'd be happy if he stayed, but equally if he's not going to figure into Brown's plans then it might be best if he can be allowed to move on.  

Not clicking on it but yes. 

Screenshot_20240506-211025.png

5 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Don't think he's particularly good tbh

Thought he was shite at Airdrie and never been impressed when I've watched Larne.  

Would make Aidan McAdams #1 there. 

14 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

According to transfer market he's in contract to 2026 so unless they are releasing him we would need to pay a fee.

Just now, Ayrutd1910 said:

Looking ahead what's the bet its Falkirk away first game of the season 

Nothing better than ringing in the new season in front of 202,000 fans. Would be just like playing the Old Firm if Ayr had gotten promoted.

40 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Don't think he's particularly good tbh

Thought he was shite at Airdrie and never been impressed when I've watched Larne.  

Would make Aidan McAdams #1 there. 

Must be alright surely?

He’s been their number one for the last 3 seasons and they’ve won that Northern Irish league 2 years on the trot?