The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

I really don't get this desperate attempt to bring back the casuals, it wasn't cool in the 80s and it's still not cool now 

It probably seems cool if you’re a 13 year old fuckwit. To anyone else, no. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

I really don't get this desperate attempt to bring back the casuals, it wasn't cool in the 80s and it's still not cool now 

This season might be a bit of a nightmare at certain games if the increased trend of this over the last few years continue.

I would say I’ve seen or heard of more trouble since the crowds came back after Covid than the previous 20+ years of going to games combined.

Edited by Sortmeout

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

This season might be a bit of a nightmare at certain games if the increased trend of this over the last few years continue.

I would say I’ve seen or heard of more trouble since the crowds came back after Covid than the previous 20+ years of going to games combined.

We had, er, high drama drum shenanigans so are terrified for the season ahead:

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/news/police-investigating-damage-to-drum-before-scottish-cup-tie-339707/

Posted (edited)

If someone's favourite thing is spending each weekend looking to get into a fight with folk from a different town, then they are fucking simpletons.

The casual / hooligan culture is for total fucking losers. Even funnier is when you see middle aged men trying to join in. Pathetic.

Been a disappointing rise in it amongst young folk across the country. Mixed with out of control drug use.

Just go and watch the football, ffs.

Edited by AUcal

There's also an Ayr based "ultras" group they could have easily contacted on Twitter if they wanted a scrap. There was no need to "hunt" for them.

No need for this childish shite. Go to the football and watch the game. 

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

They are also in the part of town where there are no pubs or anything really and very little likelihood of actually bumping into anyone. 

They could however gone to the ground and found about 6000 Celtic fans there without having to do any hunting at all. 

Probably not the lone 12 year old target they were looking for though. Daft wee wanks. Bin.

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

They are also in the part of town where there are no pubs or anything really and very little likelihood of actually bumping into anyone. 

Never know! Celtic fans might just shop at Marks and Spencer......

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

They are in the part of town people leaving pubs would have headed to the ground through are they not? Or one of at least. 

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I take it this crowd was the anti-Scott Brown element of your support.

The twitter account in question is a belter.

Rare to see islamophobia and antisemitism in the one place these days.  

Dear oh dear,what's with the butchers apron pish.........?

On the subject of trouble,I.m.o it's gonna kick off big style this season in the Championship. 

My laddie has informed me of messages flying back and forward between the different groups who follow "all" the  Championship clubs.  Disappointing 🤨

Guys twitter is a cesspit and presumably an adult with Pete Dunham and Stephen Yaxley-Lennon as his idols.

In more important news I see Hastie is finally following the club, Carse following the player liaison and with other realistic CB options narrowing Hamilton is presumably the main target so what day is the yay?

8 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Guys twitter is a cesspit and presumably an adult with Pete Dunham and Stephen Yaxley-Lennon as his idols.

In more important news I see Hastie is finally following the club, Carse following the player liaison and with other realistic CB options narrowing Hamilton is presumably the main target so what day is the yay?

I'd say tomorrow, kick off the week in good form 💪

Getting back to the football, I feel like I’ve been on euros mode and haven’t really thought too much about us for the upcoming session. 

If we make Hamilton and Hastie our last signings does anyone think we have the necessary quality to push for the top two positions or potentially looking at battling it out for top four..

I think a lot depends on some unknowns - for example what Watret can provide from RB. We need to provide a pathway though, so I’m fine with us taking that risk of inconsistency. 

Also what Rus and Walker can offer us quality wise over the season. I think Oakley and Dowds are good strikers, but potentially not win the league style strikers. Henderson and McMann are obviously exceptional signings. 

I think you would need everything to come together perfectly to be pushing Raith and Partick. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Getting back to the football, I feel like I’ve been on euros mode and haven’t really thought too much about us for the upcoming session. 

If we make Hamilton and Hastie our last signings does anyone think we have the necessary quality to push for the top two positions or potentially looking at battling it out for top four..

I think a lot depends on some unknowns - for example what Watret can provide from RB. We need to provide a pathway though, so I’m fine with us taking that risk of inconsistency. 

Also what Rus and Walker can offer us quality wise over the season. I think Oakley and Dowds are good strikers, but potentially not win the league style strikers. Henderson and McMann are obviously exceptional signings. 

I think you would need everything to come together perfectly to be pushing Raith and Partick. 

I think dowds and Oakley will have a fantastic season .been a while since we've had two strikers up top .think every team needs two strikers on pitch .its just so much better to watch.