The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Rus had one of his quieter games but the boy still put in a power of work at times it was him taking the ball off the center half's not Dempsey, it's good to know that he's not a man down like some players when he's not 100% on his game.

Quieter in terms of wow moments, but I thought he was excellent - won the ball back so often, kept it well and passes the ball between the lines exceptionally. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Quieter in terms of wow moments, but I thought he was excellent - won the ball back so often, kept it well and passes the ball between the lines exceptionally. 

He's not just a baller he's a grafter as well, very rare at this level.

Word for Paddy Reading. One of the first to come in for criticism when things aren't going well and granted he wasn't tested defensively today, but thought he was excellent. Looks full of confidence and assured on the ball. Could easily have got an assist. Pleased for him and hope he keeps it up

26 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Got bored and found it, 1991-92. Won the first 4 and drew at Rugby Park in the 5th.

This unlocked a core memory for me, standing at my grandparents’ house in Prestwick with my Dad showing me the league table on Ceefax and Ayr being at the top. 

Edited by Iain

Even when we were flying high with McCall and Shankland, I always felt we were flying by the seat of our pants and the wheels could come off at any moment, this just seems so more calm and serious, not getting carried away but something just feels right with this team and management.

Just now, placidcasual said:

Disappointing. They announced it as just under 3,000.

Ach, still. 2500-2900 is about as good as I’ve seen us get in the 26 years I’ve been going. Be good to see us break the 3000 mark regularly. 

Even if we get one CM in you'd think Tomlinson would drop off the bench given our wide options. Hopefully get him out on loan before the end of September. Probably the best place for Hamilton too unless he's just doing warm ups all season.

7 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Ach, still. 2500-2900 is about as good as I’ve seen us get in the 26 years I’ve been going. Be good to see us break the 3000 mark regularly. 

You can but dream …….be interesting to see how many you take to Fife next week. 

4 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Even if we get one CM in you'd think Tomlinson would drop off the bench given our wide options. Hopefully get him out on loan before the end of September. Probably the best place for Hamilton too unless he's just doing warm ups all season.

I didn’t actually see Hamilton today but I’m surprised he’s still here. Devlin made the bench today as well so I don’t think we really need Hamilton especially if Howley is signing. 

5 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Tomlinson defo needs the loan he’s unlikely to get the minutes he got last season should be capable of doing a job in league 2 

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

Tomlinson defo needs the loan he’s unlikely to get the minutes he got last season should be capable of doing a job in league 2 

I think there's definitely a player there but he needs games so a loan at least until Christmas would be best for him. If it was a part time team he could still train with us.

39 minutes ago, dam00114 said:

Word for Paddy Reading. One of the first to come in for criticism when things aren't going well and granted he wasn't tested defensively today, but thought he was excellent. Looks full of confidence and assured on the ball. Could easily have got an assist. Pleased for him and hope he keeps it up

When he came in he looked great but along the way he seemed to lose confidence. I think a combination of Murphy in front of him and Brown's coaching has been great for him. Really pleased as he seems like a decent guy. I noticed he was the first to run to Watret after his assist last week.