The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

While the whole football youtube / football vlogging culture isn't really my thing, its good to see the club being highlighted in such glowing terms.

It can only be a good thing moving forward. For a long time it felt like Somerset Park and the Club generally were a wee secret, hidden away at one end of Ayr. Feels a bit different now and have no issue with this kind of publicity.

4 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Really good video, I like Sam really positive guy for Scottish Football

He shows the club in good light in this, the food looks cracking and looking forward to my first hospitality at football ever. Just trying to convince the wife to let me spend 70quid for a football match

eta- the second goal was well worked and nicely executed, there looked like there was a foul in the build up to it so good to see we kept going and didn’t just settle for a free kick 

Edited by ryanayr1987

15 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

Even when we were flying high with McCall and Shankland, I always felt we were flying by the seat of our pants and the wheels could come off at any moment, this just seems so more calm and serious, not getting carried away but something just feels right with this team and management.

I think the big difference for me now is that there isn’t a big beast in the league that will buy their way out of a problem come January the way Ross County did and Dundee United tried too….  Any team that can go to Tannadice and win 5 nil certainly wasn’t flying by the seat of its pants.  The problem then was that we had no squad.  People forget that Forrest missed half that season and Shankland also struggled with some kind of injury from about February onwards.  If they’d stayed fit, who knows where we’d have been.  It’s encouraging to hear we’re looking to strengthen the midfield as we really need to.

You could certainly argue the fixture list has been kind to us so far, with Raith in particular hamstrung by injuries and general chaos, but there is lots to be impressed by with the team Brown has built.  I guess we’ll be a bit clearer in where we are when we hit some tough away days.  

With that hospitality box, presume you don’t get much atmosphere? Was thinking of booking in for our game, but think I’d rather be outside like Sam North is in that video, than inside a silent box 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

With that hospitality box, presume you don’t get much atmosphere? Was thinking of booking in for our game, but think I’d rather be outside like Sam North is in that video, than inside a silent box 

You can always make some noise in the box.

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

You won't be making much noise if your 4 nil down at half time any way

Spoiler

I deserve every bit of the flack I get if this post goes tit's up.

10 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

You won't be making much noise if your 4 nil down at half time any way

Reveal hidden contents

I deserve every bit of the flack I get if this post goes tit's up.

Why man, why?

This isn’t going to age well is it.

Spoke to a few folk at the game yesterday and they were all in buoyant mood. One old boy said he didn't want promotion as he couldn't afford the season ticket hike. I gave him a top tip - put a wad on now at the bookie on us to win the league and the winnings will cover the price increase 🤣

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

From the pics in the programme, all the MOTM seem to be getting that non alcoholic beer 

fair enough then if so, suprised if he's even finished the first case he got 

1 minute ago, muZZa__44 said:

fair enough then if so, suprised if he's even finished the first case he got 

Need to hook them young

44 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

He shows the club in good light in this, the food looks cracking and looking forward to my first hospitality at football ever. Just trying to convince the wife to let me spend 70quid for a football match

eta- the second goal was well worked and nicely executed, there looked like there was a foul in the build up to it so good to see we kept going and didn’t just settle for a free kick 

I think the foul in the build up was really bad and was surprised the ref never went back and booked him

Edited by Rodders1910

19 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Thanks for your help. 

There’s two different packages I believe. One where you get a seat in the box but I’m sure if you asked you’d be able to sit in the stand. 

51 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

The key is it’s not just for a football game - probably talking about £40 for that meal in a restaurant now!

ETA, I’ve booked up to do it over winter in the box - really looking forward to it. 

Edited by No_Problemo

21 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

I think the foul in the build up was really bad and was surprised the ref never went back and booked him

I was actually amazed he didn't go back and give him a red for that challenge. He absolutely clattered Hastie from behind