The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Easy to say we were poor, but I thought dunfermline suffocated us in the middle of the park and wouldn't allow us to play our game. We had no answer other than changing personnel which changed nothing. Oakley has got to toe poke that at the end. We lacked urgency once again at dunfermline and didn't seem to be able to anticipate much, whilst they did to an extent by beating us to 2nd balls. Ref was something else though. 

13 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Hopefully Murphy isn’t injured too.  

think we're just being careful with Murphy since we know he can get injured and at 35 he probably isn't going to be playing 90 minutes for a while

4 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

What’s happening with McMann’s injury? 

How long is he out for?

i think the assumption is something with his back, so hopefully nothing too serious could be wrong thou

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

think we're just being careful with Murphy since we know he can get injured and at 35 he probably isn't going to be playing 90 minutes for a while

I think it was him that went down under a heavy challenge in front of the dugout just before half time.  Hopefully not a problem.  He was struggling to make an impact and Brown’s comments about us being bullied in the first half suggests it might have been tactical.

15 minutes ago, Nelson said:

That was honestly woeful from Devlin.  Kicked the ball twice and that was him done.  Looked like a hamstring as well, so doubt we’ll see him anytime soon.  

He seemed to want to be the spare man and have Stanger marking. I prefer it the other way round where Stanger can use his pace to cover.

Just now, edinburghhonestman said:

He seemed to want to be the spare man and have Stanger marking. I prefer it the other way round where Stanger can use his pace to cover.

How could you tell?  He struggled on to the 14th minute but was done well before that. 

12 minutes ago, Nelson said:

How could you tell?  He struggled on to the 14th minute but was done well before that. 

Looked to me like he pulled a muscle when he sliced a big long ball out towards the dug out very early doors. Waste of a wage so far. 

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I’d be giving starts to Hastie, Walker, Bavidge and Howley. 

I doubt McMann would be fit for next week. 

Away with Scotland U19s next week but already played in the cup for Aberdeen B so couldn't play anyway.

Only Ayr could have signed 4 CB's and still end up having to play Nick McAllister at CB for 75 minutes 🤣

We can't win them all and when we don't a point is better than none.

Think the high press game will be more difficult to execute away from home which will traditionally have bigger and wider pitches, mean more space needing covered. 

Style of play probably suits Somerset more which is a problem we've not had for a long time...

Edited by Rb123

That was very much a, last season performance 

Players weren’t chasing things, were second to a lot of balls and Rus was man marked. Once we equalised, we livened up but nothing stuck, an off day to put it politely. 
Stanger, Watret, Dempsey and Walker all did well. The rest were pretty meh. 

Having the spine of your team booked for their first challenges within the first 20 minutes kind of dampens things a bit. The ref gave a free kick every time Kane hit the deck and ironically didn’t book McCallister for the only foul he gave away that would have seen him sent off. 
pish afternoon and a dreadful game of football 

Kanes entire game is just to ruin things. He makes games unwatchable and is facilitated by refs letting him do it. Just a horrible big lump.

Thought we were pretty poor today and didn't enjoy Dunfermline playing us at our own game.

Oakley should have scored at the end but a draw was fair. Some goal they scored right enough. 

At half time I'd definately have taken a point so fair do's.

2 hours ago, Only me... said:

Easy to say we were poor, but I thought dunfermline suffocated us in the middle of the park and wouldn't allow us to play our game. We had no answer other than changing personnel which changed nothing. Oakley has got to toe poke that at the end. We lacked urgency once again at dunfermline and didn't seem to be able to anticipate much, whilst they did to an extent by beating us to 2nd balls. Ref was something else though. 

They suffocated us on the wings too, we didn't have a whole lot of success there either. They've shown the template for how to play against us now, and another team that was more clinical and with more quality would have put us to the sword today. 

Devlin odds on favourite to be this seasons busted flush? Something about that injury today gives the impression we're not going to get much out of him this season. Brown will have to get a little creative as I'd be amazed if McAllister starts at CH. 

13 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Devlin odds on favourite to be this seasons busted flush? Something about that injury today gives the impression we're not going to get much out of him this season. Brown will have to get a little creative as I'd be amazed if McAllister starts at CH. 

He brought one in this week, we could sort terms for Hamilton as well. 

What happened to McAvoy was he not registered in time?

Could turn out to be a shrewd signing actually with Musonda, Devlin and McMann all injured. 

That's a really poor first impression from Devlin and it makes you wonder what we're going to get out of him this season...

Also to correct my previous post we actually have 5 CB's now which makes it even worse that we had to end up with McAllister in there