The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Very surprised at Devlin signing for Livingston. Had seemingly done well down south and other clubs in the league were interested in signing him. The money on offer is ridiculous in England so must be more to it if he’s willing to come back north and presumably take a pay cut 

Very surprised at Devlin signing for Livingston. Had seemingly done well down south and other clubs in the league were interested in signing him. The money on offer is ridiculous in England so must be more to it if he’s willing to come back north and presumably take a pay cut 
Maybe wants back up the road, plus Scotland are not exactly blessed with right backs if he makes an impact could get a call up.

99% sure he would have signed for us if we'd got promoted, if he has a good season at Livingston he'll be away to one of the big premiership clubs or a championship move back down south, plus he'll have a Scotland cap soon if he kicks on. 

Pretty sure McCall would have definitely tried to sign him for next season, as said depressing when Livingston is bigger than ourselves in every single way except for fan-base numbers where we massively have the bigger crowds. At the end of the day money talks in football and it's the thing which we lack the most compared to the majority of others.

16 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Disappointing move for Devlin really.  Seems like he did well for Walsall, so would have thought he could have kicked on or at least stayed at League 1 level.  Stepping back to Livingston is a real move backwards. Bit depressing for us as it highlights again that we can’t compete at the same level as a club with a core support of a thousand that have effectively gone bust 3 times in their 25 year history.

:D:D:D f**k sake

12 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
16 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:
Disappointing move for Devin really.  Seems like he did well for Walsall, so would have thought he could have kicked on or at least stayed at League 1 level.  Stepping back to Livingston is a real move backwards. Bit depressing for us as it highlights again that we can’t compete at the same level as a club with a core support of a thousand that have effectively gone bust 3 times in their 25 year history.

Yes and no decent season could see him get a move to hearts or some one like that, maybe I'm biased on Scottish teams but I'd say moving from a English League 2 team to a Scottish Premier League team is a step up even if they have a crappy fan base, will be interesting to see how he's come on when we play livi in the cip

You do realise he plays in league one and  most of the teams in that league will far richer than Hearts. A few more years down south and he could be set up for life. Personally I would be trying to win a deal in the championship than worrying about whether a Hearts or Aberdeen are interested 

25 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Ffs how do I change my user name .livi a complete diddy team that will go bust again in the near future.

Youve not played in the top flight for over 40 years and you're calling another side "diddies" :lol:

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Youve not played in the top flight for over 40 years and you're calling another side "diddies" :lol:

tbf, we've paid our bills for 40 years, a feat that's not to be sniffed at.

You do realise he plays in league one and  most of the teams in that league will far richer than Hearts. A few more years down south and he could be set up for life. Personally I would be trying to win a deal in the championship than worrying about whether a Hearts or Aberdeen are interested 

They may have more money but that in my opinion does not make them a bigger club I'm no fan of hearts by any stretch of the imagination but they are a bigger club than a fair percentage of League One teams down south 

Believers eh , dont ken a baw fae a banana half them either .
Good move for Devlin , why would he consider coming back to a club whos only ambition is survival . Get the buntin oot we’ve stayed up . Get your pension on relegation . Motherwell youth team , heard it all now .

Good move for Devlin , why would he consider coming back to a club whos only ambition is survival . Get the buntin oot we’ve stayed up . Get your pension on relegation . Motherwell youth team , heard it all now .
.24cncj.jpg

We signed Rose from the Aberdeen youth system.

Aberdeens no Motherwell . Ooft [emoji23]
Anyway , what about the other youth players we signed who were honking .
If thats your ambition and think youth players will win us the league your even more clueless than i thought . Wheres our big name signings to push us for automatic promotion . Nae where .

Book the hospitality suite just now and get magic malky to compere our back slapping , high fiving survival party jamboree . When the kids are united on the karaoke as well .

We aren't half attracting them are we?

If ever there was a backwards step for a player like Devlin, moving to Livingston would be it. Hope Nicky manages to get all of his wages. They must be due another admin event soon

If thats your ambition and think youth players will win us the league your even more clueless than i thought . Wheres our big name signings to push us for automatic promotion . Nae where .

Book the hospitality suite just now and get magic malky to compere our back slapping , high fiving survival party jamboree . When the kids are united on the karaoke as well .
Are you in a hospitality somewhere at the moment on the piss? It's the only explanation for your posts

4 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Aberdeens no Motherwell . Ooft emoji23.png

Big name players like Harkins, El Alagui and Cairney who all failed here, i'd rather have the youth. 

I think if you actually look back Motherwell have produced just as many quality young players as Aberdeen have. One signed for Rangers this season and another is looking at a move to Celtic or down south.

If you think we’re planning on winning the league this coming season then you’re even more clueless than I though. And you seem pretty fucking clueless based on your posts.

I don’t know if you’ve noticed by Ayr United isn’t exactly a magnet for big name signings. The way we’ve worked since we’ve gone full time is to take younger players and try to develop them. We’ve had a good start so far but McCall said a couple of weeks ago that now we have to start getting them on longer contracts and make a bit of money. Hence why Ecrepont and McCowan have got 2 years left on their contracts. For a club like ours we don’t just assemble a title winning squad overnight.