The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If McMann is f**ked then we are back to needing a defender. We now only have six defenders (I think) to cover four positions. With two of those defenders injury prone, and one being Nick McAllister. 

From a matter of weeks we have went from looking like we had too many players in defence, to looking utterly threadbare. 

I don't remember even as bad an injury crisis with McCall.

Yes we had Adams, Geggan and Bell usually crocked more often than fit but they weren't missing for like half a season at least.

You'd miss them for a few weeks and then get them back for a few games and then lose them again. 

This is f**king hell on earth losing main guys for a whole season and half a season potentially. 

If I was Smith I'd be wanting to punch walls and give up lol

Edited by Rb123

In the space of a week we've went from possible title contenders to Dowds out for the season, and at worst still thinking we'll be at least top four. To now and possibly lucky if we get top half. 

Edited by UpInTheAyr

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

How can you possibly go from a couple of weeks out to a month out, be rated "touch and go" on Saturday and then out for the season / long term by Wednesday?   WTF is going on 🤣🫣

From the outside looking in it's become apparent that our medical department side of the club isn't quite premiership ready yet...

Or some c**t walked under a ladder before the start of the season and cursed us...

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Whit a day so far. 

What does the afternoon have in store. 

See the video of the goalkeeper continually getting the ball booted into his face. That’s exactly how I feel this morning. 

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

How can you possibly go from a couple of weeks out to a month out, be rated "touch and go" on Saturday and then out for the season / long term by Wednesday?   WTF is going on 🤣🫣

Apparently we flung him back into training without giving him a scan and first session back has done him. Same with another player who’s out on loan. 

20 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Friend of a friend. Won’t see him back before the haggis is out next year. 

1 minute ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Well he had been running yesterday according to a good source. 

Someone's talking pish...

bekphnqftcb41.jpg

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He has done absolutely nothing as a manager?

As I said a similar CV to Brown . No point in getting up set , just a left field shout as we know Smith pretty much operates left field . There would be plenty others though and no doubt Murray would be one . 

2 minutes ago, railwayend said:

As I said a similar CV to Brown . No point in getting up set , just a left field shout as we know Smith pretty much operates left field . There would be plenty others though and no doubt Murray would be one . 

John McGlynn

Never gonna happen but would be a laugh lol

Seemed a bit odd that Dundee Utd got rid of McMann after the season he had for them.  Perhaps they knew something we didn’t…

At least the compo for Brown might let us sign a couple of players (when life gives you lemons etc etc).  Tough to believe that Brown applied for the job right enough, though I suppose he might have let it be known informally that he’s interested.

3 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Your exact words were: there would be a line of better managers than Murray at the door. You then suggested Steven Davis. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest Steven Davis would be better than Murray. 

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Tough to believe that Brown applied for the job right enough, though I suppose he might have let it be known informally that he’s interested.

We don't know that he did apply though, it was a throw away comment with nothing to back it up. Think back to McCall, he went along to Falkirk for a free lunch. I'd imagine most manager who are ambitious would go along and hear clubs out to be polite and not burn future bridges. 

They have asked for permission to speak to him. So I am guessing they have already spoken to his agent. 

The club could knock it back and see how interested Saints are or how much Brown is pushing to leave, if at all. If they have 4 candidates, I don’t see Brown being too vocal about it in case he is down the shortlist. 

20 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Apparently we flung him back into training without giving him a scan and first session back has done him. Same with another player who’s out on loan. 

Amateur hour stuff if that's true

4 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

We don't know that he did apply though, it was a throw away comment with nothing to back it up. Think back to McCall, he went along to Falkirk for a free lunch. I'd imagine most manager who are ambitious would go along and hear clubs out to be polite and not burn future bridges. 

Yeah, certainly not in any formal way.  Bit puzzled by St Johnstone’s interest - Brown has impressed, but you could equally argue he inherited a skip fire from Bullen that could only be improved upon particularly with solid backing from the chairman.  In the cold light of day, he hasn’t actually achieved anything yet at Ayr or Fleetwood.  Maybe it’s just a name recognition thing for St Johnstone - it certainly hasn’t hurt Ayr that’s for sure.  If McMann is indeed gubbed as well, it does feel like our season is unravelling, so it feels no better than 50/50 that he’ll stay if an actual offer is made.

Can only feel sorry for Mathie and Smith - we’re a club that has been badly scarred by dreadful managerial appointments over the last 4 decades and it felt like we’d really picked a winner this time.