The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

37 minutes ago, Nelson said:

He scored 12 goals in a dismal Ayr team.  I guess the argument is it would be interesting to see what he could do with quality like Rus, Murphy and Henderson round about him.  Personally I think he’s a better all round player than Oakley (who looked frighteningly static without Dowds against Queens Park), but it’s not happening so it’s all a moot point.  

interesting, but there is no way he is better than oakley.

oakley works like f**k. He wants to play. Adoloye was all ego and limited talent. large % of his goals were penalties.

I remember too many games where Adoloye was a statue alongside Afolabi, Ashford and McKenzie.

Rose tinted glasses for a tiny spark in a vacuum of Hopkin long ball pish.

4 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

"But Brown has turned them down late after learning that Saints American owners also hope to hold similar talks with at least two alternative candidates. "

"And sources close to Brown believe he would rather withdraw from the process than become part of an American beauty pageant."

These quotes sound like nonsense but I could absolutely believe Brown meeting with the American owners and instantly realising it's a big nope and a complete mismatch for him

"sources close to", "a club official", " a close friend said"

That all means they spoke to naebody = bullshit

stop buying / reading tabloids

5 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

It looks a hugely embarrassing episode for Brown if true. Someone would have leaked the specifics. either his agent or someone at St Johnstone. It has became public knowledge, he found out that it wasn't an exclusive approach, he's told his employer that he wants to speak to another about leaving and then pulls out because it wasn't a coronation. 

What knock on effect does this have for him, a team of players he sold the club to, that he tries to leave two months in to the season, how will the "intense training" go if they think he doesn't want to be there? In the same week we have lost Dowds and McMann, the timing couldn't be worse. 

What about the support, 3 draws, a dip in form and a treatment room that has became like an A&E on old firm day.
If we lose on Saturday, will people start to turn on him if it looks like his heart isn't in it? 

He really needs to nip all gossip in the bud, get the team winning again. 

Everything you've said is based on articles from the Daily Record and comments from a St J fan who thinks they've got the next Mbappe and Lewandowski up front. 

I wouldn't eat chips if they were wrapped in a tabloid paper. I'm actually amazed that people still buy that garbage. 

There is not one reason he should be nipping gossip in the bud because they're going to link him with every single job going and continue to fabricate stories. It's best just ignored and if he eventually leaves we move on.

6 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

It looks a hugely embarrassing episode for Brown if true. Someone would have leaked the specifics. either his agent or someone at St Johnstone. It has became public knowledge, he found out that it wasn't an exclusive approach, he's told his employer that he wants to speak to another about leaving and then pulls out because it wasn't a coronation. 

This is drivel. 

6 hours ago, Rayfine said:

please stop this Adoloye nonsense.

He was less than mediocore for us at a real low point and does not fit anywhere in where we are or where we are going.

The club are thinking bigger and we should all be too.

You did see what he did with quality’s around him at partick in half a season yeah? We need another body and the only other realistic option that’s free just now is a less than prolific jakubiak. I’m not saying it’s gonna happen as I don’t think it will but he scored more goals in a shit team than Oakley did in a full season at Morton last year 

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The only embarrassing thing on here is the amount of knicker wetting going on based on a couple of quote-less articles from complete shite rag newspapers. 

I fully expect him to go but hopefully not till at least the summer and it will be to a hibs or the likes. If he left yesterday I would have been disappointed but it wouldn’t have been the end of the world, we survived McCall leaving and we would continue under a different manager 

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The only embarrassing thing on here is the amount of knicker wetting going on based on a couple of quote-less articles from complete shite rag newspapers. 

Crazy amount of knicker wetting. Although, D.S. was like a 'bear with a sore head' yesterday in work.... So, D.S. was approached by St. J and asked if they could talk tae Broon. D.S. asked Broon, Broon said aye. D.S. was fizzin.... 

A conversation was had, the outcome, Broons stays with Ayr. 

Now I personally feel, the meeting was taken by Broon for networking and interview experience purposes and possibly to keep D.S. on his toes..... Going by D.S. Behaviour yesterday, he was not expecting Broon to even consider it... that's complacency and he's had a shot fired across his bow IMO. 

I don't think there's anything at all wrong with taking interviews, nearly every single person I know has done this while in employment. 

We need players in or everything this season has be geared towards is deed in the water already! I hope this warning shot by Broon to Smith, finds some £ for a decent, proven striker and asap! And possibly a defender. The whole set up, is set up to have 2 big, strong lads upfront.... we cannot hing aboot to January to see where we are at!

It will all come out in the wash.

The only source “close to the club” we have heard from has suggested that he would not have applied in the first place.

The club has just over a week to get at least some of the facts out before Scott Brown faces 200 of us in hospitality next Friday night.

1 hour ago, Scott-ish said:

Everything you've said is based on articles from the Daily Record 

Worth mentioning that it's not.

Keith Jacksons article is lifted from the St Johnstone reporter for The Courier, but with Jacksons usual pish spouting and extravagant extra touches designed to attract Old Firm fans to read his article and get something out of it.

The Courier reported Ayr were approached about Brown because St Johnstone were told Brown was interested in talks, and it's only once he's been invited to a second round of talks alongside other candidates that he pulled out.

13 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Crazy amount of knicker wetting. Although, D.S. was like a 'bear with a sore head' yesterday in work.... So, D.S. was approached by St. J and asked if they could talk tae Broon. D.S. asked Broon, Broon said aye. D.S. was fizzin.... 

A conversation was had, the outcome, Broons stays with Ayr. 

Now I personally feel, the meeting was taken by Broon for networking and interview experience purposes and possibly to keep D.S. on his toes..... Going by D.S. Behaviour yesterday, he was not expecting Broon to even consider it... that's complacency and he's had a shot fired across his bow IMO. 

I don't think there's anything at all wrong with taking interviews, nearly every single person I know has done this while in employment. 

We need players in or everything this season has be geared towards is deed in the water already! I hope this warning shot by Broon to Smith, finds some £ for a decent, proven striker and asap! And possibly a defender. The whole set up, is set up to have 2 big, strong lads upfront.... we cannot hing aboot to January to see where we are at!

You can't compare this scenario with your average person taking interviews due to the public nature of it all. Whilst Brown remains the relationship between all now will have changed even if only slightly. Smith will realise Brown is developing himself for a bigger role but wouldn't have expected the circus to start so soon and at least expected a bit more tenure/progess. 8 months tenure and a huge backing in the transfer window that only closed recently would have many chairman think their manager may be about to jump ship. 

I would also say Smith has dug very deep this season with the budget and perhaps front loaded spending to have a go. Fair enough we've have bad luck with the injuries and that happens in football. There ain't a bottomless pit of cash and we will probably need to make do with what we have rather than expect more cash to be chucked at it 

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning that it's not.

Keith Jacksons article is lifted from the St Johnstone reporter for The Courier, but with Jacksons usual pish spouting and extravagant extra touches designed to attract Old Firm fans to read his article and get something out of it.

The Courier reported Ayr were approached about Brown because St Johnstone were told Brown was interested in talks, and it's only once he's been invited to a second round of talks alongside other candidates that he pulled out.

At this point, I really don't care. I'm bored with it. It'll happen again, the Scottish rags will throw words at a page and the knuckle draggers will lap it up.

He stays or he goes. Not bothered.

9 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

You can't compare this scenario with your average person taking interviews due to the public nature of it all. Whilst Brown remains the relationship between all now will have changed even if only slightly. Smith will realise Brown is developing himself for a bigger role but wouldn't have expected the circus to start so soon and at least expected a bit more tenure/progess. 8 months tenure and a huge backing in the transfer window that only closed recently would have many chairman think their manager may be about to jump ship. 

I would also say Smith has dug very deep this season with the budget and perhaps front loaded spending to have a go. Fair enough we've have bad luck with the injuries and that happens in football. There ain't a bottomless pit of cash and we will probably need to make do with what we have rather than expect more cash to be chucked at it 

So much speculation there, like your whole post. Players in or the season is dead, including any big money cup games. Get out D.S. ass.

D.S. does not own people, they are free to do as they wish, including taking interviews. There is absolutely no difference, because you feel it so. 

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

6 hours ago, Rayfine said:

interesting, but there is no way he is better than oakley.

oakley works like f**k. He wants to play. Adoloye was all ego and limited talent. large % of his goals were penalties.

I remember too many games where Adoloye was a statue alongside Afolabi, Ashford and McKenzie.

Rose tinted glasses for a tiny spark in a vacuum of Hopkin long ball pish.

Pinching Oakley from Morton has certainly turbo charged his reputation.  I don’t blame Adeloye for the dross around him or the terrible tactics of the manager.  Oakley is very limited and I fear that’s going to be exposed without Dowds in the team.  

Edited by Nelson

Question!? Do players not have injury insurance? Point being, the club aren't that out of pocket if we have 3/4 out for the season.... I very much doubt AUFC covers full sick pay, for a full year? So, its Statutory Sick Pay and or insurance? So surly that frees up plenty of cash to bring in players?

1 minute ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Question!? Do players not have injury insurance? Point being, the club aren't that out of pocket if we have 3/4 out for the season.... I very much doubt AUFC covers full sick pay, for a full year? So, its Statutory Sick Pay and or insurance? So surly that frees up plenty of cash to bring in players?

Doubt it.  And yes, we have to pay their full wages when they’re injured.  

20 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

At this point, I really don't care. I'm bored with it. It'll happen again, the Scottish rags will throw words at a page and the knuckle draggers will lap it up.

He stays or he goes. Not bothered.

Aye. Hibs in 2 months fires it all up again.

This will be the downside of an ex-OF captain as manager.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Doubt it.  And yes, we have to pay their full wages when they’re injured.  

Why doubt it? Why do we have to pay their full wages? Have you seen the contracts, any proof of this what so ever, or is it your opinion?