The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Cadden struck me as a player who might have something with a good pre-season and a manager who can give him some confidence.  He did absolutely nothing in his time at Ayr though.
Was it not him who delivered the incredible cross to help us open the scoring against county at home?

That was a lovely goal but I can't think of anything else. And his first few appearances were very poor.

Cadden struck me as a player who might have something with a good pre-season and a manager who can give him some confidence.  He did absolutely nothing in his time at Ayr though.
Was it not him who delivered the incredible cross to help us open the scoring against county at home?

That was a lovely goal but I can't think of anything else. And his first few appearances were very poor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Cadden got the crosses in for the goals against Alloa and ICT in the last two games at Somerset this season ... He wasn't a perfect fit for our slow burner approach ,but I think he's perfect for the style Morton are going to go with next season . He will pile crosses in for Ryan Muirhead . I like what Morton are doing here and they're last four signings have been guys I'd have taken in a heart beat . Maybe they'll come in for Aarron Muirhead to add to they're robust style !!!!!!!!!!!!

On a positive note if they're is any manager who can defy the odds with a shit budget then Ian McCall is that man . I expect he'll concentrate his spending in one or two positions and fill the other four out with loans and maybe young guns from the lower leagues ...

Anyway I'll be going down to Somerset tomorrow for my season never the less.....

Most likely team for Berwick if we don't sign any one

Hare-Reid
Ferguson Bell Roscoe Harvie
Geggan Doc Murdoch Forrest
McCowan Moff
We'll have another keeper, one way or another (not that I'm against the young boy getting some game time).

Other than that the most pressing position will be a striker.

I'll try to be as clear as I can. I don't really like going into too much detail on the numbers as I really don't think its beneficial to allow all the clubs we compete with to have an inside view of our finances, but since people have the misconception that we are hoarding this "money" or paying directors etc, ill try. We increased the amount of employees. Currently there are 38 full time staff across all departments and over 80 people earn all or part of their income working for Ayr United. We estimate that just under 70% of our turnover goes on wages including taxes and the pension contribution (new cost). Last year, there were over 200K of exceptional items paid including: Stadium fabric repairs, a significant contribution to project brave, large legal fees from the court case, a new tractor, Kit van and fit out, payment of historical debts (not directors loans) and medical procedures extended and procedures through the season. Additionally, there was significant input from directors in the form of donations. Also, last year we were able to add to the budget after reaching the second round of the BetFred cup. Hopefully we can do that again this season. And as an aside, the larger prize money came with larger bonus payments.

Robert Somerville When are we going to see more restructuring,and fresh investment on the board,including appointing a vice chairman,directors who have marketing and community development knowledge,and who can take us forward in a positive way

Lachlan Cameron From your question, it's obvious you believe we don't have any of that. I disagree. However, we are always looking for willing volunteers with applicable skills to join the board. Unfortunately, most people don't have an interest in joining up as a board member and being fully removed in the supporters view as a fan and instead, be viewed as a useless imbecile whose only interest is taking money from the club and losing all knowledge of football...

Telt. Glad Lachlan chose him to unleash some of his snark.Was worried we weren't going to see it tonight.

Above you say about expecting a 3000 gate (I agree with this btw) but do you feel it’s helping the cause by openly admitting our playing budget is lower in the local press the week our season tickets are announced? Is there a press officer to try a control marketing nightmares like above?

It wasn't me who decided to speak about the budget publicly and believe me, the manager and I will be discussing this very topic during our next chat...

Ooof.

Good to see @itzdrk asking the big questions tonight.

I thought that was ok tbh. Some interesting answers regarding possible takeovers and a decent explanation of why the budget is lower this year.

Hard to tell whether he was serious about McCall going to the press or not. 

Good response on reasons for the budget being cut.  Too many think the only running costs are players wages.  Interesting that someone has gone to the press about the budget being cut - Cameron clearly not pleased about it.  Wonder who it was, Mr McCall!!!

i presume the court case was that Tiffoney business.  Annoying that the wee turd has cost us money.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Free tickets to schools.  Every time, without question. Not surprised that riles Lachlan.

I don't think people realise that a £15 season ticket for under 12s is really good value. 

You're effectively asking a business owner why you can't get stuff free of charge.  

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I don't think people realise that a £15 season ticket for under 12s is really good value. 

You're effectively asking a business owner why you can't get stuff free of charge.  

They also don't realise the club gives out a ton of free tickets to schools at present. Must be the most asked and answered question on these Q & A's