The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

On 13/12/2022 at 05:13, MONKMAN said:

Musk is clearly struggling to come to terms with the fact that regardless of how wealthy he becomes, most people including his own family still think he's a complete roaster.

Musk has more money than he will ever need.  The system has rewarded him far more than the effort he has ever made.  At the same time there are billions of people with financial worries and other concerns.

What is he doing about it? 

Getting into social media to re-enable the most hateful members getting the means to spread their bile.

Hardly the best way to make the world a better place.  The more I learn about him,  the more I dislike him.

Everyone keeps telling him he's a genius so whenever someone proves he isn't, like that guy in Thailand, he throws a hissy fit and calls them paedos and sets his lawyers on them. I think thats pretty much why he bought Twitter so he can silence everyone not grovelling to him. Probably something to do with him getting bullied as a child too. 

Musk clearly didn't want to buy twitter, considering he spent the best part of a year and god knows how much money trying to cancel the deal.  He didn't have the cash to spend, considering he offered way over the odds, and had to go begging to the Saudis (allegedly).  The company has lost over 90% of it's advertising revenue since he took over.

I'm not really sure what his end game is but by appealing to the MAGA crowd, but it seems to work entirely against the market in which Tesla operate.  Thousands of order cancellations in the last month or two alone is hitting their share price, which is currently sinking like the RMS Titanic.

13 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Musk has more money than he will ever need.  The system has rewarded him far more than the effort he has ever made.  At the same time there are billions of people with financial worries and other concerns.

What is he doing about it? 

Getting into social media to re-enable the most hateful members getting the means to spread their bile.

Hardly the best way to make the world a better place.  The more I learn about him,  the more I dislike him.

His company is named after someone who gave up his most successful patent for the general good of humanity and who died in poverty

Ironic. I hope Nikola Tesla haunts him Scrooge like this Christmas 

In much the same way that Twitter was entitled to ban Trump, Musk is perfectly entitled to decide who uses his platform. It’s a private company and not a monopoly. People don’t have to use Twitter. People who continue to use it are tacitly supporting and encouraging him.

All the cool kids are on the Snapchat anyway.

It is a bit weird how Twitter users seem to think it's like the phone system back when BT ran everything - they close your account, and you've no other way of speaking to people.

I take it they just don't think it's worthwhile unless they're broadcasting to the largest audience possible.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It is a bit weird how Twitter users seem to think it's like the phone system back when BT ran everything - they close your account, and you've no other way of speaking to people.

I take it they just don't think it's worthwhile unless they're broadcasting to the largest audience possible.

Just shows how good its initial marketing was. That and the original blue ticks - governments, businesses and so on used it to disseminate official announcements.

Now they know the truth. It's basically a notice board at your local co-op, where the manager can come along at any time and take down your notice because he wants to.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

In much the same way that Twitter was entitled to ban Trump, Musk is perfectly entitled to decide who uses his platform. It’s a private company and not a monopoly. People don’t have to use Twitter. People who continue to use it are tacitly supporting and encouraging him.

All the cool kids are on the Snapchat anyway.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I have never had a Twitter account and do not feel my life has been diminished by it.

I thought about using mine, but then Div upgraded the forum software to embed Tweets and somebody started the Twitter thread, so I'm pretty sure that I've seen all 200 worthwhile messages posted on Twitter anyway.

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I see he’s going on a mass ban of journalists who cover him and his company 

Think it was Aaron Rupar who sat through every Trump speech and clipped the daftest bits and posted them on Twitter. Think he's started going for DeSantis too. A sad loss, if he switches to Mastodon I'll sign up.

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Think it was Aaron Rupar who sat through every Trump speech and clipped the daftest bits and posted them on Twitter. Think he's started going for DeSantis too. A sad loss, if he switches to Mastodon I'll sign up.

Posting 99+% of Trump’s speeches must have been a chore.