The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

6 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

It's very funny that there's still a lot of people out there who don't know that in large parts of the world you can get knock offs of trendy branded clothing for a fiver at a market stall 

I was going to posit that he’s likely never left Sarfend but Sarfend is probably ground zero for hooky Lacoste. 

On 10/01/2023 at 01:55, EvilScotsman said:

If you live in a constituency like mine, you can vote Green in General Elections in the full knowledge that Labour will win.

At that stage I’d just vote Monster Raving Loony or whichever of the single issue candidates seemed least offensive - the Stick A Roundabout On Wells Street Party or whatever - and hope that I’d helped them maybe keep their deposit. 

There is outrage in Erskine as the hotel is being used to house asylum seekers. Some very racist posts and the Patriotic Alternative jumped on it and leafleted the area at weekend.

Much applause about their support and then back tracking when people realised they were maybe a bit unsavoury.

5 minutes ago, RH33 said:

There is outrage in Erskine as the hotel is being used to house asylum seekers. Some very racist posts and the Patriotic Alternative jumped on it and leafleted the area at weekend.

Much applause about their support and then back tracking when people realised they were maybe a bit unsavoury.

Arbroath currently in a state of fury because some Ukrainian refugees are getting housed in converted shipping containers. Idiot racist bingo card was full within about five minutes. Incredible. 

9 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Arbroath currently in a state of fury because some Ukrainian refugees are getting housed in converted shipping containers. Idiot racist bingo card was full within about five minutes. Incredible. 

There's one vocal woman who also has the Ukraine flag as profile pic 🤣.

I see there are quite a few people losing their tiny minds online about the new Sam Smith video and his outfit. Have seen plenty of absolutely thick Andrew Tate bros championing him while slaughtering Smith.

I get that there's essentially a market for anything, but the industry of riling up deeply self-loathing males and getting them to hate pretty much everyone is disgusting (imvho).

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

I wonder if some of this "outrage" is just twats on Facebook etc - there was a really nice bit on R Scotland a week or so back interviewing Ukrainan refugees in a Peebles hotel. They had been there so long a fair few were actually working there !

All the locals they spoke to had nothing but warm words for them. 

I suppose maybe they didnt have the "designer gear" of the Southend Albanians tho........

6 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

At that stage I’d just vote Monster Raving Loony or whichever of the single issue candidates seemed least offensive - the Stick A Roundabout On Wells Street Party or whatever - and hope that I’d helped them maybe keep their deposit. 

Fascist roundabout git, I'm voting for the Save Wells Street From Unnecessary Traffic Management Party 

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Fascist roundabout git, I'm voting for the Save Wells Street From Unnecessary Traffic Management Party 

Have I got local news for you thread for this pish, but fascist roundabouts were briefly a thing in Weston-Super-Mare - https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/the-nazi-roundabout-gardeners-leave-swastika-shaped-679945.amp

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Serious violence on Merseyside tonight, a large demonstration by the far right outside a hotel housing asylum seekers. A police van has been burned. 

That thread is a pretty depressing read. Tory MPs reading out the names of hotels housing asylum seekers of course hasn't helped and I can't possibly imagine what their motivations for doing so might have been. 

What a total fucking bin of a country. 

2 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

That thread is a pretty depressing read. Tory MPs reading out the names of hotels housing asylum seekers of course hasn't helped and I can't possibly imagine what their motivations for doing so might have been. 

Oswald KnMowsley reviews his troops. "The bitch that bore him is in heat again.”  

Oswald Mosley, by Central Press - NPG x182408

12 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

The hideous fucking boot that is the current Home Secretary going as close to victim blaming as she feels able at the moment. Time she and her ilk were fired into the sun. 

42 minutes ago, HTG said:

The hideous fucking boot that is the current Home Secretary going as close to victim blaming as she feels able at the moment. Time she and her ilk were fired into the sun. 

Careful with that language now. You'll have some total NPC howling about it 😂

On 11/02/2023 at 15:15, Benjamin_Nevis said:

It is quite terrifying and appalling the direction of travel for the U.K. scenes like the above turn my stomach. 

I genuinely fear we are not too far away from our own version of Kristallnacht.

The incremental nudging of public discourse further and further to the right. The “othering” of basically anyone foreign or of a different ethnicity.

Anyone not a raving right wing lunatic being labelled by the national press as an “enemy of the state” or a “Marxist”.

The systematic lowering of the average persons quality of life while deflecting the blame away from those who are actually in charge onto “foreigners” 

Utterly disgusting. I can’t see how this ends well