Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

19 minutes ago, magoo said:

Or just plan and look forward too games against nitten dalkeith and Aniston....

Harsh but realistic I just think it shouldn't be happening so soon and without a fight either. Way things are we could finish the season in single figures!!

I really hope I'm proved well wrong though. 

28 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Harsh but realistic I just think it shouldn't be happening so soon and without a fight either. Way things are we could finish the season in single figures!!

I really hope I'm proved well wrong though. 

Are we ever going to win the lowland league...?? Even more so now can you see us being top 5...??  Would you get more out if dalkeith v ww/ww v Aniston or ww v dalbeattie/bsc v ww....

4 minutes ago, magoo said:

Are we ever going to win the lowland league...?? Even more so now can you see us being top 5...??  Would you get more out if dalkeith v ww/ww v Aniston or ww v dalbeattie/bsc v ww....

The way things are going that’s the next stage Im afraid 

17 minutes ago, magoo said:

You want the club to be as high as they can I'd much rather be playing in the LL week in week out. 

Stick yer Dalkeith and Arnistons !!

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

You want the club to be as high as they can I'd much rather be playing in the LL week in week out. 

Stick yer Dalkeith and Arnistons !!

Whitehill will always be a non league club know matter how high you may want them to climb....games against local teams at a relevant level are personality more appealing to me that tues night trips to cumbernauld and edusport...that's my own opioion and regards the financial rewards is there many from being in.the lowland???

16 minutes ago, magoo said:

Whitehill will always be a non league club know matter how high you may want them to climb....games against local teams at a relevant level are personality more appealing to me that tues night trips to cumbernauld and edusport...that's my own opioion and regards the financial rewards is there many from being in.the lowland???

Scottish cup round 1 participation  and wi top 4 finish betfred cup/challenge cup places up for grabs for a start....

If you're talking cup entry, then if you win LL you get into the Scottish League Cup. If you finish top 4 (or maybe top 3 now given what went on this season?) you get into the Scottish Challenge Cup. Dropping out of LL could mean entering the Scottish Cup a round early or maybe 2 rounds early depending on the draw. There is good prize money in the League Cup, and comparatively little in the Challenge Cup (though you did get a crate of Strathmore bottled water IIRC?!). I haven't seen a proper list of Scottish Cup prizemoney since they were tweaked last season, but it's something like £2,000 per round in the preliminaries then add an extra £1,000 for each round from R1. Pros 'n cons to that... it depends if starting earlier makes it easier to win ties - e.g. if you lose at Elgin someone like Coldstream will bank £4k more from this season's cup than Whitehill and it might be fairly close even if you went a round further.

AFAIA there isn't any prize money in LL although there are fair play awards and similar. There was prizemoney in EOSL - couple of years ago top pot was stated as £1,500 - but presumably altered with conferences this season.

Not all about money, though.

EDIT: If you're on about TV money there isn't any in the Challenge Cup. It's something like £10k in the League Cup - although only 6 games are shown in the groupstage so unlikely HL / LL champ ever feature. Scottish Cup ties are shown from R4 but have been drastically cut from £82.5k to something like £30k as part of a rebalancing to put a little bit more in prize money into every round. There used to be small supplement for using Youtube highlights (few hundred £) but all ties are filmed for that now, IIRC.

Edited by HibeeJibee

5 hours ago, jedirules said:

The clear out should have been the  CO - Managers,,,,,,,,,,,  every week a player leaves !

Hard to give 100% effort when the call for changes is ignored by the CO- Managers until its too late and as soon as it was 3-0 whats the effing point of changing then !!

1st Half decent performance  but struggling in certain positions which should have been dealt with at half time before it was too late !

piss poor formation again  , players out of position again , and changes not made when players obviously having a disaster to all apart from the coaches  remained on the pitch 

Changes only made when game gone again 

A strong lined up in a normal formation with players in their normal positions and lets see what happens on Saturday

ps

Thoughts go  to the BSC  lad 

Players have left? Only saw that a Scotland international had signed on the dotted line to bolster the squad. 

10 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Now I know what it was like to be a City fan for years :P

Difference is nowadays you can fall quite steeply through that glass ceiling  :(

you'd kill for our traditional 7th place these days... :lol:

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

There is good prize money in the League Cup, and comparatively little in the Challenge Cup (though you did get a crate of Strathmore bottled water IIRC?!)

52 minutes ago, Hoofhearted said:
On 10/2/2018 at 22:33, tamthebam said:
Nil Desperandum- remember the Whitehill way: Pray for a wet winter, get all the fixtures at Fergie Park cancelled and then beat teams in the spring when they can't be arsed!

I think you better get the hoses out.

Hmmm... starting to think a Challenge Cup run might signal the start of a bright new era for WW... 

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

you'd kill for our traditional 7th place these days... :lol:

The Welfare could be relegated by Christmas Tam ... that jaunt down Carnethie Street could be even more hazardous for you than normal. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

problems started when small was appointed. signed players from south division who arnae good enough for lowland. committe had chance to sack him end of last season but didnt. so we sack him 2 games in only to replace him with a guy who signs more players from 1 o the worst teams in the south division. an am wi newcy. id rather play edu bsc etc rather than eos 

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

The Welfare could be relegated by Christmas Tam ... that jaunt down Carnethie Street could be even more hazardous for you than normal. 

especially if I wear my new winter outfit....!

5bb6831f56f65_santaclaus.jpg.ea00d1ca97c4159494f50088691a564b.jpg

9 hours ago, Jamesw said:

problems started when small was appointed. signed players from south division who arnae good enough for lowland. committe had chance to sack him end of last season but didnt. so we sack him 2 games in only to replace him with a guy who signs more players from 1 o the worst teams in the south division. an am wi newcy. id rather play edu bsc etc rather than eos 

BC554AC3-9C49-4607-808F-3CA3E7FB36DA.jpeg

The idea of signing players from inferior teams isn’t so much of an issue as individually they may be good enough.

The issue seems to be that it’s been a good few seasons since welfare had a manager who knows what’s needed to do well at LL level.

No real strategy in place to then ‘succeed’. There are success stories on low budgets each season at this level. It’s a case of using the resources wisely and that’s not happened.