Motherwell v Rangers - Sunday 26th August

26 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Ha ha. I’m only at page 8 of this thread and already I’m reading pish. Did you see your players kicking Hartley when on the ground at the goalmouth or were you too busy wiping the egg from your blue tinted spectacles. What Hartley said was poor. For opposition fans to kick him on the ground was far poorer.

28 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Ha ha. I’m only at page 8 of this thread and already I’m reading pish. Did you see your players kicking Hartley when on the ground at the goalmouth or were you too busy wiping the egg from your blue tinted spectacles. What Hartley said was poor. For opposition players to kick him on the ground was far poorer.

Obvious typo. Though the thought of Bennett jumping all over this and him thinking he was gonna get some small victory from pointing it out makes me laugh. 

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MJC said:

We have a lot of work still to do defensively and as I said, Carson needs to keep that third goal out, that was poor stuff by his standards.

Having seen the highlights I think the 2nd goal was the one he should have saved - more or less straight at him.

Was a wee bit unlucky with the third goal.

1 hour ago, Forest of Dean said:

Rubbish 2nd half performance. Especially the last 20 minutes or so. Corner after corner for the Well. Cross after cross.

They deserved that point there. Probably should have had all 3 considering some of the chances and half chances they had near the end.

Tavernier and Goldson were both poor defensively. Need to be a lot better on Thursday if we are go through to the group stages.

What a sensible post. Would you like to have a word with Bennet, who thinks that Rangers dropped two points because of the referee, as he said that Thomson was MOTM.

48 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Obvious typo. Though the thought of Bennett jumping all over this and him thinking he was gonna get some small victory from pointing it out makes me laugh. 

Sure Jackie, a typo indeed...

Nice graceless interview with Gerrard on SSN earlier.
The interviewer asked him about defensive frailties,  and he started having a go, asking him if he'd seen the other games.  When the Kilmarnock match was mentioned, Gerrard fired back that they won 3-1, with all the class of BobWilliamson. 
Any setbacks so far have been minor, but Gerrard doesn't seem to handle them well.  It'll be interesting if he faces bigger ones this week.

I just clocked that as well. Weird interview. Even in terms of just giving a sound bite there’s a million other answers.

Looking forward to when the pressure is really on him.

2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I just clocked that as well. Weird interview. Even in terms of just giving a sound bite there’s a million other answers.

Looking forward to when the pressure is really on him.

To be fair - his interview on RangersTV - where a bit of red meat for the natives would be expected, was very measured....

Well f**k you, Motherwell and all who sail in her (apart from my maw's flat in Shields Drive).  I just settled down with my son and a 'brunch' of sausage, bacon, bubble & squeak, poached egg and grilled tomato to watch the match and it turned to ashes in my mouth when Johnson scored.

We actually stole a point today with Goldson and Tavernier being absolutely shocking.  

I can see why Stevie G wanted to try a new formation but his biggest calumny was not going back to 433 at half time.  That 2nd half display was out of the Pedro drawer of management and gave me the fear.

We actually looked silly against a Motherwell team who scrapped for every ball.  So we won't be bullied, Stevie?  We were today - and very much to our chagrin.

You would have to doubt whether Rangers have any chance at all of getting into the Europa League groups, but it might be entertaining for the rest of us if they did. Their performances will probably continue to be this bad until they are out just before Christmas.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

You would have to doubt whether Rangers have any chance at all of getting into the Europa League groups

Of course we have a chance we are the favourites to progress!

About 60-67% of the teams that win 1-0 at home get through. We will have to play better than today but that was easily our worst performance of the season.

Archived