Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

914 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I think the AVFTT guys are far funnier than the 'yer da' gimmick Cowan has.  Craig Telfer, who is @Francesc Fabregas on here, its a decent natural presenter and seems to have a sharp wit.

In addition, I think Shaughan is an excellent straight-man (as well as bringing knowledge of the league I care about), and Joel can be somewhat endearing with his animated defending of questionable opinions.

Think the viewers should be able to vote off a Jambo though, Big Brother style.

On 22/11/2023 at 17:51, SandyCromarty said:

We could always go back to those days when the false Airdrie fan scumbag Rangers Jim Traynor did the phone in.

Those were the glory days of unbiased commentating????????????

Your argument seems to be that Off The Ball is good because other things are much worse. Not the win you think it is, my friend.

20 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

In addition, I think Shaughan is an excellent straight-man (as well as bringing knowledge of the league I care about), and Joel can be somewhat endearing with his animated defending of questionable opinions.

Think the viewers should be able to vote off a Jambo though, Big Brother style.

I think shaughan is brilliant. Although Telfer is my favourite Shaughan is a close second. When the two do the lower league podcast together. Giggling away to myself while listening. 

On 23/11/2023 at 14:13, TheScarf said:

I think the AVFTT guys are far funnier than the 'yer da' gimmick Cowan has.  Craig Telfer, who is @Francesc Fabregas on here, its a decent natural presenter and seems to have a sharp wit.

Going to have to say FF has always been a twat from before he became a late Friday Night TV host, and I'll never think different. Stenhousemuir are shite too. And how come they never raised the diabolical Conference League proposal till after it was squashed by fan power last season? Eh? Eh?

On 22/11/2023 at 18:09, diegomarahenry said:

Rangers and Celtic fans don't like it in general because it doesn't pander to them like Super scoreboard. 

I think it's fine, Cowan and Cosgrove have a good dynamic, the intellectual and the comedian, so when the show needs to be moderate, Cosgrove talks and when it needs moved on, Cowan kicks in. 

It has a decent level of coverage of all the issues going on and is fairly balanced, You just have to have a look at the mess Kenny McIntyre is making of sportsound to see what a lack of balance does and then the resulting overcorrection. 

Ray Bradshaw can be painful on it, he laughs at everything. Mark Nelson was a better foil for Tam Cowan when he sat in, Kept the show moving and let the guests speak, Bradshaw and Connie McLaughlin talk to much when they cover. 

I think Mark Nelson and Suzie McCabe would be a good pairing. 

I had given you a +1, on the strength of the first half of your post, but the idea of Suzie McCabe being a presenter is possibly the worst idea on this whole thread.

And also the most pointless as she seems to be a semi-permanent fixture on Sundays. 

On 22/11/2023 at 23:20, Empty It said:

Suzie McCabe is the worst person they have on the show, genuinely tragic.

I know I'm permanently slagging her but I actually like about 60% of her stuff. Unfortunately it's overshadowed by the 5% "Glasgow is working class with no middle class to speak of and Edinburgh is exclusively populated by minor nobility", and the 35% wankfest over Grey Jumper Man

I'd heard Suzie McCabe on various radio things and always thought she was shite, but I saw her do stand-up in Glasgow about a year ago at The Stand (I think) and it was very good.

I was drunk and probably imbued with with festive spirit, but fair play to her.

My missus, who is English, left saying everyone seemed to have a nice time, but she'd had no fucking idea what she was saying. At which point I asked her how she had any idea what I am saying most of the time. She said that she simply did not. The success of a relationship explained.

17 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

I know I'm permanently slagging her but I actually like about 60% of her stuff. Unfortunately it's overshadowed by the 5% "Glasgow is working class with no middle class to speak of and Edinburgh is exclusively populated by minor nobility", and the 35% wankfest over Grey Jumper Man

She was on that 'Quickly Kevin' podcast last year as they attempted to do a bit on Scottish football. 

She came across as a brainless idiot.  She confidently rambled on about the 1989 Scottish Cup final, but conflated it in her head with the Ibrox match a couple of years earlier in which McAvennie, Butcher and Woods wound up facing charges.

Seriously, it was an utterly embarrassing listen, but because the hosts knew no better, she was allowed to talk absolute shite that was simply wrong. 

I get angry again, just thinking about it.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Tam Cowan regularly says that whenever a team needs a results and/or a player needs a goal then Motherwell will oblige.

I've heard fans of pretty much every team say this, from the 90s until now, yet Tam Cowan genuinely seems to think it's unique to Motherwell.

Anyway, I'm saying this because Celtic needed a bit of a result today and at least a couple of their players needed a goal.