Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

915 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

Tam must be the only person who still describes a goal as a "raker".

Nah I think there's many things to criticise (mainly his now-weekly snidey comments about women or some other marginalized group you aren't allowed to joke about), but use of the word "raker" is absolutely fair and good to use 

On 24/01/2024 at 22:09, Stylish Kid said:

Nah I think there's many things to criticise (mainly his now-weekly snidey comments about women or some other marginalized group you aren't allowed to joke about), but use of the word "raker" is absolutely fair and good to use 

If you say so, Tam

On 21/01/2024 at 21:45, Stylish Kid said:

Yeah.... I mean Bartley basically has criminal conviction in "not being a nice guy"....

🤔🤔🤔🤔

Two wrongs don't make a right (Tam was forced to apologise on air for his attacks on Bartley from his BBC pulpit, albeit in a mealy-mouthed insincere way) and there's quite a lot of background with Eilidh Barbour and others walking out of Tam's staunch pal's off colour "comedy" routine at that awards event.

On 24/01/2024 at 22:09, Stylish Kid said:

Aaaaahh, OK. Cool...

Cooper thumbs.gif

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

If you say so, Tam

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

Two wrongs don't make a right (Tam was forced to apologise on air for his attacks on Bartley from his BBC pulpit, albeit in a mealy-mouthed insincere way) and there's quite a lot of background with Eilidh Barbour and others walking out of Tam's staunch pal's off colour "comedy" routine at that awards event.

Aaaaahh, OK. Cool...

Cooper thumbs.gif

Sorry guys, I think you've both missed what I was trying to say around jokes - which I probably expressed badly....

Basically Cowan is deeply frustrated he can't make sexist (and other jokes) that would have been deemed acceptable in less enlightened times - an observation I have made repeatedly. Hope that clears that one up. 👍

And @VictorOnopko- I do agree, 2 wrongs don't make a right, and IIRC it may have been around this topic that my P&B post got publicly flamed on Instagram with no right of reply 

Edited by Stylish Kid

18 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

Is there a book on how many micro seconds it takes them to mention Michelle Mone’s frozen assets on todays show?

the fact it’s also an Off the Ball derby day you can practically hear their stiffies.

Will it be on today, with the early kick off at the Bernaboo?

For reasons unknown, my brother chooses to listen to Radio Scotland on Saturday afternoons so we had this on on the way to Lossie yesterday, so it was the first time in years I’d heard it.

Just what is it that’s so funny all the time? The two hosts laugh almost constantly and at nothing, and loudly. Braying like rugby twats at weak-ass material sent in, all of which seems to be read out with nothing junked by a producer. 

f**k it, I’ll just get my post from three years ago or whenever and rehash that because it might as well have been the same show I was listening to. Nothing had changed. If they’re not making the effort, I’m not gonna. 

Journalists are consistently the dullest guests they have on the show.  Hacks think that nothing is as fascinating as themselves and their industry, but the only thing that makes their work interesting is the stories they cover.  Hearing them talk about all their mates isn't any different from hearing people from HR or accounts talking about their colleagues, it's not interesting just because of their proximity to more interesting people.

Edited by A Diamond For Me

13 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

For reasons unknown, my brother chooses to listen to Radio Scotland on Saturday afternoons so we had this on on the way to Lossie yesterday, so it was the first time in years I’d heard it.

Just what is it that’s so funny all the time? The two hosts laugh almost constantly and at nothing, and loudly. Braying like rugby twats at weak-ass material sent in, all of which seems to be read out with nothing junked by a producer. 

f**k it, I’ll just get my post from three years ago or whenever and rehash that because it might as well have been the same show I was listening to. Nothing had changed. If they’re not making the effort, I’m not gonna. 

Say what you want about Cowan and Cosgrove, but they'd never use a dreadful phrase like that.

Like that like darts like player like liked like to like say like like all like the like time like. Like made like listening like to like fellow like guest like Tam like McManus like like like listening like to like Brian like Sewell like. 

ETA, it gave me the fear that maybe there is a hell and in hell the radio would be on 24/7 with Rangersy darts boy, Grado and Old Firm Facts. Will try and be a good person from now on.

Edited by Shandon Par

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Like that like darts like player like liked like to like say like like all like the like time like. Like made like listening like to like fellow like guest like Tam like McManus like like like listening like to like Brian like Sewell like. 

ETA, it gave me the fear that maybe there is a hell and in hell the radio would be on 24/7 with Rangersy darts boy, Grado and Old Firm Facts. Will try and be a good person from now on.

I cannae read this man. 

On 04/02/2024 at 11:44, Shandon Par said:

Don't diss Adam. He's great.

Tam McManus though.... I'm on the lesser scale Tynecastle rabidness but what an idiot. Can't bring himself to say anything positive about a Hearts player. Aside from his general stupidity 

That said - well done on all the Jambos writing in slagging off the media's attempts to engineer a move for Shankland!