Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

908 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Huh. Never thought of that before. 

My pea brain is telling me that no, you cannot be almost. It either is or isn't. 

You're right. Something is either infinite or finite. Strictly speaking a thing can't be almost infinite. It's like being almost pregnant. 

I need to get out more

On 04/02/2024 at 15:44, Shandon Par said:

ETA, it gave me the fear that maybe there is a hell and in hell the radio would be on 24/7 with Rangersy darts boy, Grado and Old Firm Facts. Will try and be a good person from now on.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this opinion - his podcast was truly awful.

On 09/02/2024 at 20:50, Stylish Kid said:

Don't diss Adam. He's great.

I wholeheartedly disagree on that one - he's an absolutely dreadful guest, and actually makes me realise just how good Stuart and Tam are and have been to have  ridden this wave for 25+ years.  You can say what you like about their idiosyncrasies (and over the past 210 pages we've said a lot...), but there is no way this newer generation of shows (and I include the likes of The View from the Terrace, Open Goal etc.) are going to have anywhere near the longevity of Off The Ball.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I remember listening to a radio programme and they mentioned that some mathematical chap came up with the concept of infinity + 1. That's all I can really remember though and it's straying into @mathematics territory...

Surely infinity plus anything equals infinity.

“It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.”

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. 

On 11/02/2024 at 09:38, Glen Scotia said:

What is worse...

Off the ball or people who listen to Off the ball and come here to slate it? 

I enjoy the ever more convoluted reasons why OTB haters happened to have "accidentally" or been "forced" to listen to the show. They probably make up 50% of the shows' listener base each week. 

11 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

That's just lazy. Not even a pal or relative's car which would prevent you from changing station. Must do better. 

Aye, I pressed the button to take it off mute, had it on BBC Scotland from the day before.

I'll stick to 6 music from now on

5 hours ago, Empty It said:

Picking Mrs Empty up from the hairdressers, thought whilst driving I'd stick this on, after not long heard Susie McCabe, station changed. 

W6fMmp.gif

I heard the show today and I thought this thread would be doing some business.

It’s not the same when there’s a guest presenter. If they’re going to go down that road they need to get some better guest presenters.

They need to try to maintain the odd couple vibe.

Edited by Scary Bear

I did think it was funny that they had someone on who signs up ex-cons for a record label while Stuart was away.

"Eh.. do any of these prisoners sound like Perry Como or Neil Sedaka..."