Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

908 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really minor (petty 😉) point but wish Tam would stop referring to any team bar the OF as “diddy teams”.

What a red-neck - imagine willingly describing the team that you support in this manner.

Nae wonder OF fans have an over inflated sense of their own importance.

Stop it ya clown 🤡 

Edited by Markymark1874

On 17/02/2024 at 13:26, Empty It said:

Picking Mrs Empty up from the hairdressers, thought whilst driving I'd stick this on, after not long heard Susie McCabe, station changed. 

Theres not many comedians I cant stick, but she is one. 

I have no particular issue with comedians from Glasgow (Kevin Bridges for example is excellent), but her "look at my working class credentials, I used to be on a building site and I am gay" schtick gets unbearable after about 5 minutes.

Christ knows how she got a sold out run at the Kings and a sold out month in Edinburgh last year - I can only assume people just buy tickets "because shes on the telly".

27 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Theres not many comedians I cant stick, but she is one. 

I have no particular issue with comedians from Glasgow (Kevin Bridges for example is excellent), but her "look at my working class credentials, I used to be on a building site and I am gay" schtick gets unbearable after about 5 minutes.

Christ knows how she got a sold out run at the Kings and a sold out month in Edinburgh last year - I can only assume people just buy tickets "because shes on the telly".

The one thing worse than her stand-up, and there probably is just the one thing, comes when she attempts to talk about football.  She knows nothing about it and havers away, making unchallenged mistakes all over the place.

I suppose that makes 'Off the Ball' a natural home for her.  She truly is unbearable though.

The worst sort of professional Glaswegian. 

21 hours ago, Markymark1874 said:

Really minor (petty 😉) point but wish Tam would stop referring to any team bar the OF as “diddy teams”.

What a red-neck - imagine willingly describing the team that you support in this manner.

Nae wonder OF fans have an over inflated sense of their own importance.

Stop it ya clown 🤡 

To be fair to Lamb* Cowan, that's a dig at those in the media who have the mindset that all teams who aren't Sevco or Celtic are 'diddies'. He's not saying it seriously.

*Succulent

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The one thing worse than her stand-up, and there probably is just the one thing, comes when she attempts to talk about football.  She knows nothing about it and havers away, making unchallenged mistakes all over the place.

I suppose that makes 'Off the Ball' a natural home for her.  She truly is unbearable though.

The worst sort of professional Glaswegian. 

Spot on. I stopped listening to Quickly Kevin because she's their Scottish Football go to. 

1 hour ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Spot on. I stopped listening to Quickly Kevin because she's their Scottish Football go to. 

Same.

I've mentioned on here before that she enraged me on that, when conflating the 1989 Cup Final with the OF game from a couple of seasons earlier which resulted in player arrests and charges. She's a clueless idiot.

I really used to enjoy Quickly Kevin, but the ignorance evident in any forays into Scottish matters, pissed  me off so much that I've drifted from it.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Same.

I've mentioned on here before that she enraged me on that, when conflating the 1989 Cup Final with the OF game from a couple of seasons earlier which resulted in player arrests and charges. She's a clueless idiot.

I really used to enjoy Quickly Kevin, but the ignorance evident in any forays into Scottish matters, pissed  me off so much that I've drifted from it.

The last straw for me was when she was mewling about being a real football fan because Celtic didn't win a trophy for six years when she was young.

Proper hardship that. 

Edited by Crawford Bridge

Can someone contact the show to tell them that "Porridge" was unique as there was no music in the opening titles, just Ronnie Barker's voiceover as the Judge sentencing Fletcher. 

I can't be arsed. Ta. 

Did the topic of the total mess that Leeann Dempster oversaw in the building of lessor Hampden get brought up last week or was she just given an easy time.

That will cost Queens Park millions to sort out.