Calling Cards of Morons

34 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

People who name match threads cryptically in a shite attempt at being clever meaning you don't have a clue what game they're referring to. 

NOT VERY GOOD F.C v NOT VERY GOOD EITHER TBH F.C

Stop it. 

Obviously Dundee v Someone Else.

I'm happy to avoid the thread with such an obvious clue

Edited by lichtgilphead

When a team scores but it's given as offside and some fans celebrate. If there is a slight chance a player could be offside when breaking through I automatically look at the linesman before seeing if the player scores. I find it baffling that any football fan who has attended games for years doesn't do the same thing.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

When a team scores but it's given as offside and some fans celebrate. If there is a slight chance a player could be offside when breaking through I automatically look at the linesman before seeing if the player scores. I find it baffling that any football fan who has attended games for years doesn't do the same thing.

It's the ones where the player knows he's offside, knocks a half hearted shot into the net anyway, doesn't bother celebrating and jogs back down the pitch and still fuckwits are celebrating.

On a related note, after a totally clear offside decision rules out a goal the TV cameras inevitably show the linesman with the flag up, with fans behind him, literally right in line with the decision still giving him purple-faced dogs abuse. 

Fucking morons. 

It's the ones where the player knows he's offside, knocks a half hearted shot into the net anyway, doesn't bother celebrating and jogs back down the pitch and still fuckwits are celebrating.
On a related note, after a totally clear offside decision rules out a goal the TV cameras inevitably show the linesman with the flag up, with fans behind him, literally right in line with the decision still giving him purple-faced dogs abuse. 
Fucking morons. 
Aye that's a good one that regularly happens at Palmerston as well from both fans. Where the away fans are sat, there's no way they can see clearly a decision at the terrace end yet they still go mad. Similarly, I've seen our fans go nuts when I've been in line and our player is quite clearly offside.

Going to a game as a neutral is usually good to see the tinted view of fans. Who'd be an official [emoji38]

50 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

By the same token, I don't celebrate any goal during the match.  Instead I wait until the referee submits his official report after the match that everything was in order and the score line can be accepted as correct.  ;)

1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:

Fucking morons. 

On 01/12/2018 at 09:19, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

That's why you all must be so funny. Not. 

Wedgie patter is as fucking honking as the ridiculous played up accent. 

Billy connly - " jobby jobby look at ma green hair I'm a mad working class wedgie " not funny

Bridges -" in Glasgae we call it an empty, def in atly, im a mad working class weedgie" not funny

Boyle -" You look like a lion shagged a wardrobe and you were born, politics, politics, Jordan has a black baby, I'm a mad working class weedgie" 

Played out, the lot of them, years ago.

tenor.gif

Just now, fuctifacare said:

Any F*ckwit manager who hauls you into his office to complain you don't give him enough respect. 

And canny figure out why he gets no respect.

" You have to earn it" 

Is the simple answer. 

7 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

I've wondered about this myself actually.  I couldn't work out if they genuinely think it's a goal or are they just celebrating ironically?

11 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I've wondered about this myself actually.  I couldn't work out if they genuinely think it's a goal or are they just celebrating ironically?

An awful lot of people at football don't know the players and have f**k all idea what's going on, just that you're supposed to cheer if one of your team puts the ball in the net. It's the pies and company that keeps them going.

"ooh, it's awfy cold out"

Especially when met with a disinterested "mmm", which is immediately challenged with, "d'ye not think?", as though their skin's ability to recognise low temperature is being called into question, and they've taken offence to it. Literally hundreds of times over the past week.

Also, "ooh, isn't it warm in here?"

Yes, we're currently in Scottish winter, and central heating has been standard in most homes and businesses for decades now. As a result, you'll notice a sharp increase in temperature in every building you enter. HTH. Now, please, feel free to f**k off and die.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

An awful lot of people at football don't know the players and have f**k all idea what's going on, just that you're supposed to cheer if one of your team puts the ball in the net. It's the pies and company that keeps them going.

That brings me onto another point.  Pies at the football.  Bar a few exceptions, most football pies are horrible and vastly overpriced.  Yet folk still buy them and some even miss parts of the game to join a queue to buy some and possibly go back for more.  Why?!

Edited by Highland Capital

13 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

That brings me onto another point.  Pies at the football.  Bar a few exceptions, most football pies are horrible and vastly overpriced.  Yet folk still buy them and some even miss parts of the game to join a queue to buy some and possibly go back for more.  Why?!

Mostly a west of Scotland problem, particularly in the higher leagues where pies are sold in a foil case.  Pies/ bridies, in Fife, Dundee and Angus tend to be excellent quality and value for money...

Killie pies deserve all the praise they get. Absolutely delicious. The one I had at Falkirk was awful and the worst I've ever had was a midweek game at Brechin. It's how I imagine heated cardboard would taste.

I wouldn't go for a pie (or a pee actually) during the game unless you could see the pitch from the shop.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Killie pies deserve all the praise they get. Absolutely delicious. The one I had at Falkirk was awful and the worst I've ever had was a midweek game at Brechin. It's how I imagine heated cardboard would taste.

I wouldn't go for a pie (or a pee actually) during the game unless you could see the pitch from the shop.

You'd pee in the shop?

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

We at Caley Thistle have fans who will constantly (and quite rightly) deride the catering at the Caley Stadium.  Yet they're the same people you see waddling to the pie stall with barely a half hour on the clock.

I had some very nice lentil soup at Brechin once by the way.

Edited by Highland Capital