Calling Cards of Morons

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

See also films tbh. "Turned it off after 20 minutes" - aye? You're a fanny then.

This discussion has been had not long ago but there are some folk who are absolutely determined to put the boot in to popular shows/films. A sad way to live your life IMO.

If it's an unknown film that I've not heard about and it starts weakly I'll turn off.  But, if it's a film which is highly-rated I'll keep going as it must have something about it.  

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

People who 'give up' on a critically acclaimed and widely accepted to be brilliant TV show after 2 episodes (The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, etc) because 'I couldn't get in to it'.

Well yes you fucking moron, you've watched 2 episodes, at the end of the day.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

See also films tbh. "Turned it off after 20 minutes" - aye? You're a fanny then.

This discussion has been had not long ago but there are some folk who are absolutely determined to put the boot in to popular shows/films. A sad way to live your life IMO.

Also "I've never seen a single minute of [popular show] and I'm not missing out."

If you've never seen it, how the f**k do you know?

If it's an unknown film that I've not heard about and it starts weakly I'll turn off.  But, if it's a film which is highly-rated I'll keep going as it must have something about it.  

There are some films like that but aye, it's more the folk who are so desperate to dislike something popular they come out with that shite.

I've never actually seen Mrs Brown's Boys, but I'm now inclined to give it a watch from start to finish so I can critique it fairly.

Wish me luck!

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I've never actually seen Mrs Brown's Boys, but I'm now inclined to give it a watch from start to finish so I can critique it fairly.

Wish me luck!

It starts slowly but really picks up towards the end, so don't give up! :thumsup2

6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

People who think their life is the barometer of everything that's good.

"I've never heard of this band/footballer/football manager/film/book so it must be pish"

^^^ I’d never noticed this poster before now…

6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

People who think their life is the barometer of everything that's good.

"I've never heard of this band/footballer/football manager/film/book so it must be pish"

my own parents have a very narrow band of whats acceptable; anything they see as beneath them is a load of shite, anything they can't afford is just a waste of money anyway and yer no missing much...