Calling Cards of Morons

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

And is there a secret to lasagne? Like a wee extra addition that maybe takes it to the next level?

A light sprinkling of cocaine 

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

While I agree that chicken in a curry is just there for texture, I haven't found quorn pieces to have the same effect. I'll have it in some things no bother, but it just doesn't do it for me in a curry. 

I reckon curries are the only thing I'd miss if I went vegetarian as I still haven't found a veggie one that scratches the itch. 

Indian curries are probably the most vegetarian friendly/adaptable cuisine on the planet - unsurprising given that some of the major religions have dietary prohibitions on all meat. Instead of making one curry, make two or three dishes (for example, lentil dal, chickpea curry and a potato side dish too). Alongside rice, pickles and yoghurt you've got a full thali plate no bother. 

Vegetarianism as a permanent lifestyle is defeated by the cooked breakfast. 

Edited by vikingTON

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

And is there a secret to lasagne? Like a wee extra addition that maybe takes it to the next level?

If cooking for yourself and family, once it is on the plate grate some cheddar over the top then under a bit grill for 5 minutes to colour it and give it a wee crust. 

Anyone else... 

Spoiler

61x9NsZp3GL.jpg

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Indian curries are probably the most vegetarian friendly/adaptable cuisine on the planet - unsurprising given that some of the major religions have dietary prohibitions on all meat. Instead of making one curry, make two or three dishes (for example, lentil dal, chickpea curry and a potato side dish too. Alongside rice, pickles and yoghurt you've got a full thali plate no bother. 

We disagree on many things, but everything in this post is correct.

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Indian curries are probably the most vegetarian friendly/adaptable cuisine on the planet - unsurprising given that some of the major religions have dietary prohibitions on all meat. Instead of making one curry, make two or three dishes (for example, lentil dal, chickpea curry and a potato side dish too). Alongside rice, pickles and yoghurt you've got a full thali plate no bother. 

349798.jpg?b64lines=IE1NTSwgVEhJUyBJUyBERUxJQ0lPVVMuCiBXSEFUJ1MgSU4gSVQ_IENISUNLUEVBUywKIExFTlRJTFMgQU5EIFJJQ0UuIA==

352301.jpg?b64lines=QU5EIFdIQVQnUyBJTiBUSElTPwogQ0hJQ0tQRUFTIEFORCBMRU5USUxTLgogVFJZIElUIFdJVEggUklDRS4=

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

Very fair points (although I have had a couple of decent-ish vegetarian cooked breakfasts). 

Guest ICTFCwife
8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I've never experienced such things with those who don't eat meat. Strange how you seem to run in to the extremists.

I made a lasagne on Tuesday that uses quorn mince. Genuinely couldn't tell the difference from regular mince. Also used vegan butter and oat milk for the sauce (there's certain things my old man can no longer eat).

It was absolutely tremendous.

I know a few vegetarians/vegans that don’t have these extremist views that this individual does.I’ve cooked with plant based alternatives many a time and would agree that in dishes with a lot of flavour and other ingredients in dishes such as a lasagne or pasta that there are strong similarities between the quorn meat however if you were to have say a fish supper next to a plant based alternative for a fish supper could you honestly say there wasn’t much of a difference between them both?  

Guest ICTFCwife
4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I always add a teaspoon of mustard to my lasagne or macaroni cheese it enhances the flavour. I’d also say to add a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce to the mince whether that be meat or a plant alternative as it really does take it to that next level. Also just before service switch on the grill put grated cheese on top of your lasagne and hold it  under the grill for a couple of minutes and it gives it that crispy cheese on top

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I heard you couldn't knock drips off a washing line mate

Enjoy your dream. Cause if you every see me, I'm your fucking nightmare. Enjoy your day. 

Be good, stay safe.