The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

I was too young to fully understand the impact of this moment at the time......wonder if I'll see one in a weeks time.
FF3nwv5WUAI5tXh.jpg.24ebbfd40c313c8241df350a3a79c065.jpg
Too young? I remember watching it live[emoji1] I'm sure the stewards will have more data now to detect any shenanigans.

Non-Sky journalist asks Hamilton why he didn't just drive by him instead of up the back of the car.
Apparently, he didn't know if it was some sort of dodgy tactic, then goes back to calling Verstappen dangerous
I think it was the Sky Italia woman?

Just now, jimmy boo said:
1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:
Non-Sky journalist asks Hamilton why he didn't just drive by him instead of up the back of the car.
Apparently, he didn't know if it was some sort of dodgy tactic, then goes back to calling Verstappen dangerous

I think it was the Sky Italia woman?

Could have been, I meant non-SkyLewisHamilton channel.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

If Hamilton ran into the back of him because he was unaware that Verstappen was going to yield the position to him, then I'd say yes.

It's the only thing I can think, because the position hadn't changed over, technically it's not been completed.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

I just find this very weird. Normally if you give Hamilton an inch of space he'll make a move and, to his credit, it'll normally be a clean one. 

I think Hamilton thought it was another VSC and that has dash hadn't alerted him for some reason. But obviously he can't say that as it would put him in the wrong. There's not really any other explanation as to why he wouldn't have gone past.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

I just find this very weird. Normally if you give Hamilton an inch of space he'll make a move and, to his credit, it'll normally be a clean one. 

I think Hamilton thought it was another VSC and that has dash hadn't alerted him for some reason. But obviously he can't say that as it would put him in the wrong. There's not really any other explanation as to why he wouldn't have gone past.

Merc are also going tough on the line of "the message was being passed on as Verstappen was braking".

There are a lot of people who made an absolute c**t of that incident, yet there seems to be one scapegoat

2 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

It's the only thing I can think, because the position hadn't changed over, technically it's not been completed.

If that is the case then it just adds to the incompetence of the stewards because during that time I'm sure both teams were on to them.

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Merc are also going tough on the line of "the message was being passed on as Verstappen was braking".

There are a lot of people who made an absolute c**t of that incident, yet there seems to be one scapegoat

Absolutely. Can you imagine the ramifications if they had both had to retire because of the incident. It would've been madness. Wolff and (Jos) Verstappen would've been knocking lumps out of each other.

I would absolutely hate to be an F1 steward. But they haven't covered themselves in glory at all today.

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's worth pointing out this wouldn't be happening if we didn't have such an obviously shit referee.

Alpine fans pointing out that it doesn't matter which way the decision goes between Merc and RB, as they are the establishment clubs anyway