The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

1 hour ago, V.Aye.R said:

Appreciate the sentiment (I share it to some degree). 

But those two teams just don't deserve the swagger they've had in the last decade. 

You get plenty teams who get zero attention but williams in particular seem to get particularly favourable coverage even now despite being largely rubbish. 

I'll admit to a love of Williams and Mansell and McLaren Lauda Prost and Senna. These teams and drivers are who got me into F1 in the 1980's. I love the fact McLaren are big in Indycar in the US thanks to Zac Brown who comes across as a decent guy. I'm probably in the minority here but nothing new there.

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

You lot do nothing but fucking moan. They talk about this team too much! They talk about this driver too much! What the f**k do you want?

McLaren, Williams, Hamilton, Norris, and Russell to f**k off 👍🏿

I'll possibly see the race on a random TV screen in the pub later, thankfully there's zero chance of hearing any of Crofts nonsense. 

Yesterday was total parody... 

"Lewis, Sir Lewis going down the LH Straight" 

"will it be 3 lions roaring in Q3" 

He's basically just trying to get his shite soundbites on Sky adverts rather than concentrate on identifying the correct driver in a car. 

Its possibly one of my least favourite GPs despite the track being excellent and not having to get up in the middle of the night to watch. The overzealous Britishness ruins it. 

2 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

I'll possibly see the race on a random TV screen in the pub later, thankfully there's zero chance of hearing any of Crofts nonsense. 

Yesterday was total parody... 

"Lewis, Sir Lewis going down the LH Straight" 

"will it be 3 lions roaring in Q3" 

He's basically just trying to get his shite soundbites on Sky adverts rather than concentrate on identifying the correct driver in a car. 

Its possibly one of my least favourite GPs despite the track being excellent and not having to get up in the middle of the night to watch. The overzealous Britishness ruins it. 

He kept going on about the fucking Ashes as well. p***k.

I'm doing race only today ..I honestly can't be bothered with the build up and both channels giving free advertisement and telling the viewing public that spending a grand on a ticket and to sleep in a field near Northampton is the bestest thing ever 

8 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I'm doing race only today ..I honestly can't be bothered with the build up and both channels giving free advertisement and telling the viewing public that spending a grand on a ticket and to sleep in a field near Northampton is the bestest thing ever 

My Ex didn't want to come to Spa with me because weather. I went and had a whale of a time getting pished with Dutch fans

Her and her pal hired a car and went to Silverstone the year after, it fucking bucketed down for three days solid, the car sank into the ground and beached, they had to get a tractor to drag them out of the parking space, then an 8 hour queue to get on to the main road.

'Home of GP' though...

9 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

My Ex didn't want to come to Spa with me because weather. I went and had a whale of a time getting pished with Dutch fans

Her and her pal hired a car and went to Silverstone the year after, it fucking bucketed down for three days solid, the car sank into the ground and beached, they had to get a tractor to drag them out of the parking space, then an 8 hour queue to get on to the main road.

'Home of GP' though...

La source loyal here..great place to sit and getting pleasantly pished on the "Bof"