Bob Mortimer

MSU

15 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Bob has been trending on Twitter most of the day for no other reason than he is a genius.

I remember watching the Stars in your Eyes sketch first time round.  Possibly my favourite Reeves and Mortimer sketch.  

8 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Spent about an hour earlier scrolling the Bob Mortimer Twitter trend watching various clips. An absolute treasure of a man. 

His ability to absurdly outwit David Mitchell is great. The story about Chris Rea and the egg was great viewing.

23 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

His ability to absurdly outwit David Mitchell is great. The story about Chris Rea and the egg was great viewing.

I still don’t know whether or not I believe his claims to always carry “pocket meat”.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Athletico Mince is also absolutely brilliant. 

Roy Hodgson getting booze during lockdown had me in tears. See also all the Peter Beardsley stuff. 

I still go back to listen to Nigel Pearson doing lines from Taken semi-regularly. Sensational. 

15 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I still go back to listen to Nigel Pearson doing lines from Taken semi-regularly. Sensational. 

See, I haven't even listened to that, but the very thought of it has me chuckling. His sanguine delivery of absurd comedy is part of his genius. 

3 hours ago, Venti said:

Think going for a wee fishing jaunt & a joke with Whitehouse & Mortimer would be absolutely amazing.

Still waiting for the fishing for pollock off the sea wall at Methil docks episode

Got his autobiography as an audio book for my holiday flight to Turkey, the first time I'd tried audiobooks and it is read by Bob which is brilliant as you can tell how heartfelt some of the situations he reads about are.

It wouldn't be Bob though if there were no absurd moments and this little story had my 13 yo young lass beginning to panic as I turned red and had tears in my eyes as I read it. I'd already held in a few guffaws leading to this but this let it all out.

Screenshot_20230717_191147_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6d692d340132970ad8a6d8eae32be57e.jpg

18 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

Got his autobiography as an audio book for my holiday flight to Turkey, the first time I'd tried audiobooks and it is read by Bob which is brilliant as you can tell how heartfelt some of the situations he reads about are.

It wouldn't be Bob though if there were no absurd moments and this little story had my 13 yo young lass beginning to panic as I turned red and had tears in my eyes as I read it. I'd already held in a few guffaws leading to this but this let it all out.

Screenshot_20230717_191147_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6d692d340132970ad8a6d8eae32be57e.jpg

603f9745982ff_1614780229_5.jpg

19 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

This had me creasing! 😂

After reading the thread recently, I re-watched the WILTY Egg in the Bath sketch on YT. Probably laughed just as much as I did the first time. When you know the outcome (i.e. Truth or Lie. Won't spoil it) it makes it even more genius. He is an absolute master at that game.