Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It’s a weird feeling to effective condemn another team to relegation. Way back in the day, when Hamilton were in financial dire straights and didn’t fulfil their fixtures, we played them at your place. It relegated them and secured our promotion. Cuffed them 0-3 or something, going on 0-8. End of the game, the Accies players came over to the County fans first, and the County players went over to the Accies fans. I guess it was something predetermined by the captains. Anyway, it was a weird mix of party and somber.

Aye, but this is Falkirk we're talking about

Well, despite stumbling over the line, we've made the play offs, more East Fife failings rather than our display. If today's display is anything to go by, anyone coming down will have little to fear .... .. even Falkirk.

However, well have a week to rest some players next weekend and prepare for our push to the championship. 

Bring it on. 

On 25/04/2019 at 12:43, Trump said:

This season is bad enough without getting ripped on by Montrose fans. A new low.

7 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Well, despite stumbling over the line, we've made the play offs, more East Fife failings rather than our display. If today's display is anything to go by, anyone coming down will have little to fear .... .. even Falkirk.

However, well have a week to rest some players next weekend and prepare for our push to the championship. 

Bring it on. 

The only way Pars fans could love Stewart Petrie any more would be by sending Falkirk down. 

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

What a couple of weeks for Jobby McCall.

Loves the Thistle and former manager and player  so according to many was going to donate them 6 points and get them safe. Didn't happen.

Owes Alloa so will "let them win next week".

Grew up a QOS fan watching them as a boy with his Dad. Also ex QOS manager.

Ex Falkirk player and manager.

I think I'll just see how it all unfolds rather than being as sure as some folk as to what will happen.

The standard o this league could see a weakened Ayr team beat Alloa.... remember these players starting are playing for a first team game in the play offs.

Tho, wouldn't mind QoS keeping us company at the seaside

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s a weird feeling to effective condemn another team to relegation. Way back in the day, when Hamilton were in financial dire straights and didn’t fulfil their fixtures, we played them at your place. It relegated them and secured our promotion. Cuffed them 0-3 or something, going on 0-8. End of the game, the Accies players came over to the County fans first, and the County players went over to the Accies fans. I guess it was something predetermined by the captains. Anyway, it was a weird mix of party and somber.

Aye but we aren't talking about a normal team here. We are talking Falkirk and every other team would bite yer hand off to send them to the seaside

26 minutes ago, KabbaCharming said:

Aye but we aren't talking about a normal team here. We are talking Falkirk and every other team would bite yer hand off to send them to the seaside

Would rather send them to the bottom of the sea, TBH.

4 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Blame @South Lanarkshire Jag programme notes :whistle

The only involvement I have had with the programme since February has been to conduct player interviews - I thought today's with Dools was alright and a little different to the typical one you get in our programme.

The portion you refer to had nothing to do with me. :)

The only involvement I have had with the programme since February has been to conduct player interviews - I thought today's with Dools was alright and a little different to the typical one you get in our programme.
The portion you refer to had nothing to do with me. [emoji4]

But it seems to have back fired spectacularly, nicely motivated our players [emoji23]

He’s never said that we owe Alloa a favour. Just that we need to rest players for the play offs which is also very true.

He said it on BBC Scotland Radio last week. “We owe Alloa a favour, they scored a last minute equaliser against Raith last season. I will be resting players”

3 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

He said it on BBC Scotland Radio last week. “We owe Alloa a favour, they scored a last minute equaliser against Raith last season. I will be resting players”

Quite right too! The championship needs a strong Alloa imo.

31 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

In a game that finished 0-0, quite the feat. 

36 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

We have a limited first team squad and there's little between them all. Muirhead wouldn't be in our first choice 11 but he scored yesterday.

In all honesty, the players we've brought in over the past couple of weeks have been far superior to the recent form shown by our "established" so called best 11 so  I'd imagine we would be going all out for 3rd place whoever plays as it means an additional £75k to the club and with our budget, that's huge................

12 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

The only way Pars fans could love Stewart Petrie any more would be by sending Falkirk down. 

Unfortunately Falkirk are absolute muck and are going to get automatically relegated. However, Petrie should have a stand named after him if that were to happen.

Next Pars manager?

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Next Pars manager?

Better be quick or join the back of the queue. 

The turn around in our fortunes has been nothing short of remarkable since SP arrived at Links Park. He has recently signed an extension to his contract so hopefully is with us for a few more years to come. 

So it's down to these three games

Ayr v Alloa

Queen of the South v Partick Thistle

Falkirk v Ross County

Partick will be safe from the play offs if they don't get beat. If they do get beat they will still avoid the play offs if Alloa fail to win. They will be in the play offs if Alloa and Queens both win

Falkirk must win otherwise they finish 10th. If they manage to win (:lol:) They need either Alloa to lose or Queens to lose and have a ten goal swing over Queens

A win for Alloa will ensure their safety. A draw will ensure at least the play offs. A draw will ensure their safety if Queens lose to Thistle. 

Alloa will finish bottom if they get beat and Falkirk win (:lol:) They will be safe if they and Queens get beat and an 11 goal swing

Queens will be safe if they beat Thistle or if they match Alloa's result. A point will ensure at least the play offs

Any more permutations?

23 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Better be quick or join the back of the queue. 

The turn around in our fortunes has been nothing short of remarkable since SP arrived at Links Park. He has recently signed an extension to his contract so hopefully is with us for a few more years to come. 

What teams will be in front of us? He's a Pars legend and he obviously loves the club. Would need to be a Premiership team with money otherwise he'll be back at EEP (if we do indeed seek to hire him).