A View From The Terrace.

It was inaccurate.
Falkirk did bring plenty fans for midweek, but there was nothing like 1,000 of them.  I know our gates are shite, but the crowd was only 1500.  To say that more than two thirds of them were supporting Falkirk is simply wrong and is the sort of throwaway, unchallenged guff that gets highlighted on the Sportsound and journalism threads.
The point of this programme is surely that it's a bit different from that other kind of output.
Well tbf to Telfer, I am bot sure where he is going to get crowd information of that kind other than whats reported. Its not an important enough point to go spending time digging. His point was that we have been well backed and he is right. Whether its 900 or 1100 isnt really important to the point being made.

Anyway, I hope his team get fucking horsed today.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Well tbf to Telfer, I am bot sure where he is going to get crowd information of that kind other than whats reported. Its not an important enough point to go spending time digging. His point was that we have been well backed and he is right. Whether its 900 or 1100 isnt really important to the point being made.

Anyway, I hope his team get fucking horsed today.

Only so they can't give you 4 comprehensive humpings next season I assume? ;) 

Only so they can't give you 4 comprehensive humpings next season I assume? [emoji6] 
It wouldnt be bad for me. I live 5 mins walk from their ground. I just think it would be funny to see them horsed is all.

The segment about Clelland and Fiorentina was really good. Not so keen on the Albion Rovers bit (and they do seem to have slipped in a few more positive Celtic and Rangers references in recent weeks, or is that just me?) but not going to be hyper critical when it's still miles ahead of any other football output on TV and even more so now the opening segments have clips of the games included.

33 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Telfer claiming that Falkirk fans deserve better, was eclipsed only by his nonsense about there having been over 1,000 of them at Palmerston for the recent midweek game.

A mainstream career might beckon at this rate.

I'd imagine that was tongue in cheek, given the hysteria about crowds some Falkirk fans subject upon supporters from other clubs.

23 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The segment about Clelland and Fiorentina was really good. Not so keen on the Albion Rovers bit (and they do seem to have slipped in a few more positive Celtic and Rangers references in recent weeks, or is that just me?) but not going to be hyper critical when it's still miles ahead of any other football output on TV and even more so now the opening segments have clips of the games included.

Agreed on the Clelland segment.

Thought the fan swap bit was funny - in that it showed the mentality of the Celtic fan "a good season for us is winning most weeks" and asking the boy if "he had considered supporting another team", and she had never been to a lower league ground !!

Amused me when he asked her if winning every week got boring.

I remember reading the paper one Sunday about 12 years ago and noticing Keith (FC) had won 3-0, with Keithx2 (Cammy) and Keith (Sean, his younger brother) the scorers. Cammy obviously featured pretty much every Sunday after that. Great to see him appear. The last minute winner entertained me too.

Finally, Monkey Tennis must be the most boring poster on here.

Another great episode.

Good chat that flowed well, and good wee feature clips as well. The Clelland Fiorentina bit, and especially the Cammy Keith interview were great. Often find tv presenters can be a bit patronising on the rare occasions they interview lower league players, to the point where it's almost as if the player should be in 'awe' of the presenter.  Not so here, thought the lads seemed genuinely interested in Keith, and respectful of his record.

Different from many others on here, I liked the fan swap. I thought the lass came across well and spoke quite nicely about her day at Cliftonhill. Disappointed they didn't manage to capture an Albion Rovers goal to see her standing awkwardly next to the loon celebrating!  Yes she was naive about golden boot etc, but she's an OF fan ffs.  I was amused thinking how weird it must have been when the guy was shouting at the players as they warmed up 5 yards away,  almost like a conversation, and chatting casually with the chairman at the end. Must seem light years from the untouchable 'mega stars' she turns upto watch.  She seemed to get quite the fright when the Edinburgh City fans celebrated a goal just behind her!

15 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

What is it about fans from farm villages like Dumfries and Perth that means you get so pissy about clubs with big supports being praised? 

Off you pop to watch your pishy wee team in the seaside league, there's a good lad.

13 hours ago, yoda said:

The "quote board" (for want of a better description) is an extremely underrated part of the show. It never fails to amuse me.

I’ve spent time in the past few episodes trying to find another word from the letters in red but Fridays episode had a quote up where only one letter was red so I assume there is no deeper meaning :lol: