English Premier League 2019-20

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Good to see Armstrong playing in the 10.  He seems to have had a mixed time of things, and every time he plays he seems to be in a different role, but he’s looked right up for this.  

Armstrong has played very well since the restart. 

29 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

This feels like a cup tie where a lower league team gets a jammy goal, then works their arse off clinging on for dear life

More of the same in the 2nd half.

46 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Armstrong has played very well since the restart. 

He's been decent enough since the winter break I think. I never expected him to hit the ground running at Southampton tbh, when we sold him he had a stop start season with injury and wasn't even first choice for us. Always fancied him to make it eventually though as he has a decent attitude and isnt your stereotypical bammy type scottish footballer.

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He's been decent enough since the winter break I think. I never expected him to hit the ground running at Southampton tbh, when we sold him he had a stop start season with injury and wasn't even first choice for us. Always fancied him to make it eventually though as he has a decent attitude and isnt your stereotypical bammy type scottish footballer.

Great point. A lot of Scots think when they are at Celtic or Rangers that’s it and they spend to long there and don’t improve but it’s good to see players with the right attitude such as McGinn, Armstrong, Tierney, Fleck move to a stronger league and improve as players (and also get very rich)

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Great point. A lot of Scots think when they are at Celtic or Rangers that’s it and they spend to long there and don’t improve but it’s good to see players with the right attitude such as McGinn, Armstrong, Tierney, Fleck move to a stronger league and improve as players (and also get very rich)

I heard Armstrong actually wanted to go to a championship club when at Utd but Celtic offered more so had to come us. In the end it was probably better for him as despite us playing much the same gruelling  number of games as championship teams at least a handful of those with us gets you european exposure and your not playing clogger ballers every week.

1 minute ago, The Naitch said:

This has been so good to watch. You just know it's going to be an absolute fucking howler of a mistake that gets Man City back in this. 😒

I have a horrible vision of Handsome Stuart not just smashing the ball up the park with 2 minutes to go...

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Stuck a couple of quid on 2-1 City so Southampton see this out

As soon as I seen Foden and De Bruyne come on fancied city to win but they were still at evens. Add in that teams could stay up on 35 points this year would suggest the premier league isn't as anywhere near competitive  as it is marketed.

Edited by gannonball

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I heard Armstrong actually wanted to go to a championship club when at Utd but Celtic offered more so had to come us. In the end it was probably better for him as despite us playing much the same gruelling  number of games as championship teams at least a handful of those with us gets you european exposure and your not playing clogger ballers every week.

And I suppose the key part, as you said, is he had offers.

A lot of guys don’t get the option to move as nobody bids for them mate.

14 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I have a horrible vision of Handsome Stuart not just smashing the ball up the park with 2 minutes to go...

He did have a moment a bit like it there, when he was in space to just run it to the corner but tried to play a cute ball across to his teammate instead and gave it away.