English Premier League 2019-20

Just now, craigkillie said:

He did have a moment a bit like it there, when he was in space to just run it to the corner but tried to play a cute ball across to his teammate instead and gave it away.

And the clearance that went just past his own post. And that foul on Silva at the end.

But it was ok, and I still love him

That's exactly how you win a game against a big team - you need to keep your shape and chuck your head and body in front of everything, but you also have to show a lot of bravery in attack and try to keep the ball when you do have it. There were real shades of Steve Clarke's Killie about that. If you just stick 10 men behind the ball and wait for the opponent to score, then inevitably they will.

Armstrong has definitely been the most impressive of the Scottish midfield contingent since the restart, from what I've watched. I know Scotland are strongest in midfield, but I hope we can begin to find room for him. I think he's a really good fit for the type of team Clarke eventually wants us to be. 

Edited by DrewDon

56 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He's been decent enough since the winter break I think. I never expected him to hit the ground running at Southampton tbh, when we sold him he had a stop start season with injury and wasn't even first choice for us. Always fancied him to make it eventually though as he has a decent attitude and isnt your stereotypical bammy type scottish footballer.

He’s a good player. I think his early days at Southampton were a bit stop-start and he was always shoehorned into their side, plus Steven Davis was still in the frame then. Think all Armstrong’s ever needed was a run in the team in the right position. Hasenhuttl seems to have turned things around there quite well.

Gary Neville having a pop at Siggurdson for not going into a tackle that would result in him fouling his opponent.  It’s like when fans get on defenders for not hoofing the ball 70 yards, and instead playing the ball out from the back.   Holds the game back decades.  

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Jordan Pickford is fucking shite

He really is.  And he’s also quite clearly thick as shite too.  England have any number of better keepers.  

Edit: how he has got this far in his career and not been coached how to kick is beyond me. 

Edited by Savage Henry

7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Lloris and Son being kept apart! Didn’t see any reason for a bust up

It's not often anyone will say this, but Redknapp was spot on there - Lloris definitely pushed Lo Celso in between him and Son before he had a go!