Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

2 minutes ago, kent_don said:

Any chance they can get drawn in the same group as Liverpool again?

Was thinking that.

The buns thinking, ''we're more suited for the EL" and then getting Liverpool again. 😆

Didn’t take Super Ally & his sidekick long to start banging on about budgets - in Dutch football, never mind in England, Spain or somewhere. Superb own goal though, it really was, Rangers looked sluggish, they really did, I’m looking forward to seeing PSV in the group, I really am…. Well Ally, I always look forward to your commentary… I really don’t.

Edited by pozbaird

By Ally's logic in which Scottish teams should be aiming to be in the Europa League because they have a remote chance of winning it, should Dundee, Partick etc opt for the Scottish Championship seeing as they have no chance of winning the Premiership? 🤔

It’s quite sobering to think it could’ve been a lot more if it weren’t for some good saves from Butland.

We look extremely vulnerable from set pieces and our midfield don't appear to have the right abilities or understanding to protect our full back positions.

Beale has to correct both of those. And although it’s unlikely we will come up against a side of PSV’s quality again very often this season, (depending on who we draw in the Europa League) it’s just not working at the moment.

Something fundamentally wrong at Rangers, signing absolute duds like Sima, Matondo,  etc 

They are so far short of an SPFL standard,  never mind Rangers,  embarrassing. 

Beale has had his shot, failed miserably,  get Derek Mcinnes in now. Won't win us any trebles,  but will reset the Rangers way.

Hmmm. I’ve never yet been convinced by Beale but it’s his (many) players, his gameplan and now 1/2 dozen or so games in, I think he’s been given all the rope he’s needed to convincingly hang himself. 

A win (🤣) on Sunday against Brendan’s faltering team who similarly don’t seem to get what they’re being asked to do and I reckon it’s only a stay of execution. 

3 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

f**k me, Rangers are brutal. Second spot up for grabs this season boys.

I mean, not for my team. Though it WOULD be fantastic for us to do so with Neil Lennon at the helm 

They really are. Hopefully teams have a bit more self belief and don’t just sit in against them. Killie have shown what can be done with the right game plan.

Guys like Sima, Dessers, Danilo, Lammers, Sterling, Dowell, Matondo and Souttar don’t look any better than what the other clubs have at their disposal.