Celtic in Europe 2019-20

The OP

10 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

You got banned from here for child abuse point scoring remember.....

Magsaboutery.

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Rangers who openly support terrorist organisations trying to use Celtic supporting them as a dig.

Lolz.

No they don't, that's Romeo levels of absurdity...

We got to our hotel about 9.00 tonight. 

Dumped our bags and found a wee pizza restaurant across the street, couple of beers and a munch and just jumped into bed and scrolling through Twitter and reading of the stabbing, think we're a bit away from it as we seem to be in a quiet suburb on the city boundary as we are, according to Google maps a 30 minute walk to the city centre, obviously horrible news if not entirely unexpected, given their reputation an incident like this was always a very real possibility, hopefully the guy isn't too seriously hurt and isn't life threatening 

We were chatting amongst our group earlier and the consensus was, any trouble of this nature if it happened would likely and hopefully be isolated to tonight since, tomorrow by all accounts will be mega security transporting fans to and from the stadium, we are here till Saturday, going to the Vatican on Friday 😃🙏

We got to our hotel about 9.00 tonight. 
Dumped our bags and found a wee pizza restaurant across the street, couple of beers and a munch and just jumped into bed and scrolling through Twitter and reading of the stabbing, think we're a bit away from it as we seem to be in a quiet suburb on the city boundary as we are, according to Google maps a 30 minute walk to the city centre, obviously horrible news if not entirely unexpected, given their reputation an incident like this was always a very real possibility, hopefully the guy isn't too seriously hurt and isn't life threatening 
We were chatting amongst our group earlier and the consensus was, any trouble of this nature if it happened would likely and hopefully be isolated to tonight since, tomorrow by all accounts will be mega security transporting fans to and from the stadium, we are here till Saturday, going to the Vatican on Friday [emoji2][emoji120]

Not sure how busy it’ll be a day in November, but they kicked the arse out the amount of visitors they cram in when I was there. Not fun at all. Was bored as f**k after an hour.

Not sure how busy it’ll be a day in November, but they kicked the arse out the amount of visitors they cram in when I was there. Not fun at all. Was bored as f**k after an hour.

Yep. Completely ruined by literally cramming as many people in as they can like cattle.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yep. Completely ruined by literally cramming as many people in as they can like cattle.

Aw mate you should have phoned ahead and they would have kicked every other c**t out so you could go in yourself.

33 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I booked a guided tour when I went. Bit more expensive but didn’t have to queue at all, good access to all area’s and very informative too.

30 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Never bothered with the Vatican when I was there, only had a couple of days and there was simply far too much else to take in to bother trying to have a look around there on a Saturday/Sunday. Everyone we spoke to said exactly as you two. I don't feel at all like I missed out.

As for the subject, Lazio haven't lost a home game this season and I would be mightily surprised if they start tonight. A point for Celtic would be a fantastic result.

Also not much of a surprise that there are reports of stabbings and people being jumped. It's par for the course with teams visiting Rome on European duty and nothing at all to do with any flags or banners in Glasgow. UEFA could easily help stamp that out, but they don't care about anything but the TV money rolling in, so it will continue to happen year after year.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m sure that sounded clever in your head

I wan't thinking I was clever. More you were stupid for going to one of the most visited tourist attractions in the world and being surprised how busy it was.

5 minutes ago, thisal said:

I wan't thinking I was clever. More you were stupid for going to one of the most visited tourist attractions in the world and being surprised how busy it was.

Look at you picking an argument :lol:

I wasn't surprised, there's a difference between busy and unable to move. I would have given it a miss but the Mrs was insistent on going while we were in Rome.

It is an impressive place, but ruined by how busy it is. Is that ok for you or do you want to pick holes in something else?