2019/20 Challenge Cup

Have lost track of all the goings on with this lately why has the Solihull , Rangers game not been played, have their Colts got a more important tournament to play in or something
They (rangers) were allowed to postpone it owing to international call ups

2 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
20 minutes ago, peternapper said:
Have lost track of all the goings on with this lately why has the Solihull , Rangers game not been played, have their Colts got a more important tournament to play in or something

They (rangers) were allowed to postpone it owing to international call ups

Did wonder if that might have been the case, a total joke considering many teams have played weakened teams in the competition, if Rangers could not have put a team together of young players to gain experience which was after all the reason given for their entry even if they had six players away they have a big enough squad to field probably another two teams. What a farce.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

First time we've played Clyde since May 8th 2004, when we won 2-1 at Broadwood to overtake them in the First Division title race with a game to go.

Too soon, mate. 😪

We would likely have won seven Champions Leagues by now if not for that game, you b*****ds!

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

A home draw at last!!........... Will be heading down to this one. Just hope for goodness sake they don't change it to the Fri night, as I have a wedding that day!!..... 

Yip need a bit of revenge after falling from grace for too many years, good chance. Does Robbo still play the fringe players for this game?

4 hours ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

A home draw at last!!........... Will be heading down to this one. Just hope for goodness sake they don't change it to the Fri night, as I have a wedding that day!!..... 

Yip need a bit of revenge after falling from grace for too many years, good chance. Does Robbo still play the fringe players for this game?

You're in luck - confirmed as a Saturday 3 pm KO.

On 16/10/2019 at 15:23, ICTChris said:

First time we've played Clyde since May 8th 2004, when we won 2-1 at Broadwood to overtake them in the First Division title race with a game to go.

That's some wee factoid, really highlights how the clubs' paths have diverged since. 

The English 5th tier is  a full time league with several massive clubs; Solihull are in the top half and  only managed to beat Kelty Hearts on penalties and now have failed to beat Ranger's youth team. So much for those who say our league sides would struggle in the English lower leagues.

•  

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tbf they rested 9 players from Saturday tonight... played 2nd-string.

Similarly, I read that Rangers Colts were missing players out on loan

I think Solihull had a couple of new signings in this week (one today) and a couple of loan players, all from league clubs., even their second string should be too strong for a Colts team. After all, the Colts don't normally survive the early rounds against our 2nd division sides. I was at the Kelty Solihull match, they were mostly very tall, fit  and athletic, but short on skill. I thought the Colts might beat them football wise if they could stand the physical challenge. It seems they finished the stronger side.

ETA the Solihull manager said he was taking the match seriously and was putting out a side he hoped would see them through.

Edited by Raith_Raver

11 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tbf they rested 9 players from Saturday tonight... played 2nd-string.

Someone on the Rangers forum has done his homework:

"Boot, Williams, Yussuf, Carter, Reckord all played in their 0-0 draw against Blackpool last season.

Bigirimana was obv at Motherwell last season

Howe, Hancox, Hawkridge also all played in their 0-0 away draw against Notts County earlier in the season (random game i picked - feel free to choose other games and take a look for yourselves)

Don't believe the reserve side pish that Moors fan posted, this was a strong team that they put out. At least 2/3rds are first teamers with the others on the periphery."

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Someone on the Rangers forum has done his homework:

"Boot, Williams, Yussuf, Carter, Reckord all played in their 0-0 draw against Blackpool last season.

Bigirimana was obv at Motherwell last season

Howe, Hancox, Hawkridge also all played in their 0-0 away draw against Notts County earlier in the season (random game i picked - feel free to choose other games and take a look for yourselves)

Don't believe the reserve side pish that Moors fan posted, this was a strong team that they put out. At least 2/3rds are first teamers with the others on the periphery."

Solihull brought a stronger squad to Kelty Hearts in the last round. Shame on them chucking it from 3-1 up, even worse, they put a defender on in place of a striker while 3-2 up and promptly shit the bed against Grogzda.🤧