The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

From the outside looking in, Price was an absolutely mental appointment. Literally spat my cornflakes out when he was announced.

Price has achieved nothing as a manager & brechin saw fit to make him the man tasked with getting the club back into the SPFL. Truly mind-blowing stuff.

19 hours ago, May Rckinnon said:

From the outside looking in, Price was an absolutely mental appointment. Literally spat my cornflakes out when he was announced.

Price has achieved nothing as a manager & brechin saw fit to make him the man tasked with getting the club back into the SPFL. Truly mind-blowing stuff.

The alternative candidates( I am led to believe) were not exactly high achievers either. Price had many decent years at Elgin before things started to slide. I thought he'd do a decent job but so far he's been a huge disappointment

10 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

The alternative candidates( I am led to believe) were not exactly high achievers either. Price had many decent years at Elgin before things started to slide. I thought he'd do a decent job but so far he's been a huge disappointment

Craig Feroz was in the mix apparently 

23 hours ago, mo83 said:

Craig Feroz was in the mix apparently 

Heard some stories about him today. Miss out on so much gossip no going to the fitba regular like I used to. 

Heard all sorts about Grady today at the Mo game. 

That he's on some kind of appearance bonus so his minutese have been curtailed recently (sound like poop to me) 

Also that he's signed a pre contract with Montrose. 

1 hour ago, stimpy said:

Also that he's signed a pre contract with Montrose. 

Well unless he’s signed it in the last few days, his agent was on Facebook during the week saying he’s not signed for anyone. 

15 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Well unless he’s signed it in the last few days, his agent was on Facebook during the week saying he’s not signed for anyone. 

Agents are always trustworthy individuals 

On 03/03/2024 at 14:55, Cosmic Joe said:

Agents are always trustworthy individuals 

Grady cannot sign a pre contract with anyone as he’s only 21. You have to be over 23. There is no reason he isn’t starting other than the manager preferring others.

14 minutes ago, Run DMC said:

Grady cannot sign a pre contract with anyone as he’s only 21. You have to be over 23. There is no reason he isn’t starting other than the manager preferring others.

Prefers others over some one who's scored 5 hat tricks and 30 goals makes perfect sence 🙈

6 hours ago, Run DMC said:

Or Grady's thrown the toys out the pram?

On 05/03/2024 at 18:53, greendot said:

He got the full 90 minutes today but didn't impress that much. He worked hard so maybe just needs more minutes to get his sharpness back.

Thankfully we have lots of scoring threats from defense and midfield

51 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Heard today that Brechin have a new investor looking to bung a chunk of cash in the pot. 

Anyone heard the same? 

We are a limited company and no shareholder can own more than 25% of the issued share capital which currently stands at £406k. The board can authorize a 10% increase each year without shareholder approval. A new investor looks unlikely without the shareholders being aware of it.

On 05/03/2024 at 12:03, Run DMC said:

That's not correct,  players u23 are still entitled to sign pre-contracts, just that if they are also offered a deal by their current club then the current club can claim their usual development compensation.

On 05/03/2024 at 18:53, greendot said:

I think that’s unfair. There’s no evidence of that, everything points to him being desperate to play.  He might not have been at his best today but he was clearly really keen to score.  And he probably wasn’t at his best because he’s been on the bench for six weeks.

10 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

There you go. A favour from Lossie. The league is all but giftwrapped. Sort your shit out and finish the job, will you. 

We are in a a lot of shit if we don’t get promoted