UEFA Champions League 2019-20

I can’t get over how stunned they all are. Lyon are a decent side in the CL, the whole show has been full of arrogance, and where do you start with the commentary? It mad they just can’t seem to compute that this has happened.

5 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Commence operation Pep to Barca.

Is it OK for me to laugh at Sterling?

I said that earlier. 

The operation commenced with that ridiculous team selection and formation. Pep's OTT histrionics on the touchline looked like bad acting. 

Perhaps he thought that he could replace Setien at the end of next season.

Last night's humiliation would have ruined that plan, especially with Pochettino in pole position for the job.

I'm generally not one of these people who hates Man City and really enjoy watching them play. The amount of talent they have particularly in attacking areas is incredible. Kevin De Bruyne is possibly my favourite player in the world.

I'm watching this game on my own in my flat. I was literally standing cheering when the third went in. The coverage tonight was another level. Judging by this thread and Twitter I'm not the only one.

The English - some boys!

Edited by Marshmallo

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm generally not one of these people who hates Man City and really enjoy watching them play. The amount of talent they have particularly in attacking areas is incredible. Kevin De Bruyne is possibly my favourite player in the world.

I'm watching this game on my own in my flat. I was literally standing cheering when the third went in. The coverage tonight was another level. Judging by this thread and Twitter I'm not the only one.

The English - some boys!

I’m the same, I quite like them and quite enjoy watching them. I certainly don’t hate them but the commentary made me cheer everything Lyon did tonight. I had money on Man City as well and didn’t care.

7 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Even looking at the replay I'm not convinced it is a foulf on LaPorte. He runs across Dembele trying to get round on the cover. No reason for his legs to be more entitled to the space than Dembele's. Accidental clash and definitely not a clear or obvious foul.

They are going with the “any contact is a foul” but I didn’t think there was a foul there, hard to even see the contact.

Edited by Jambomo