Clydebank F.C. 2019/20

holmparkheroes

Guest Mr Happy

I’d stick with Sean Higgins for now at least. He’s been here as player and now assistant manager. Why not let him see if he can take the reins. Nothing ventured, nothing gained in my opinion.

Just hope we get the right appointment at the end of the day. [emoji853]

Just feel with Sean there would be less upheaval at the club at this time.

I’d stick with Sean Higgins for now at least. He’s been here as player and now assistant manager. Why not let him see if he can take the reins. Nothing ventured, nothing gained in my opinion.
Just hope we get the right appointment at the end of the day. [emoji853]

Suppose that would depend on if Sean wanted it. Time will tell!

2 hours ago, Mr Happy said:

Just hope we get the right appointment at the end of the day. emoji853.png

Cos hes done so well as player and assistant? Bin him an aw.

6 hours ago, Ross. said:

Not entirely unexpected given he was joining the fire service. Done a reasonable job, particularly that run just after he took over. Cup win and consolidation of the league position on top of that and he can probably be happy enough. Has left a decent squad for whoever takes over.

he lost 5 out of 1st 7 ... after Maryhill the players brought us home. Dreadful 2nd season start then picked up and calendar 2018 was pretty good. poor end to last season altho unlucky in cup. patch start to this season. inconsistent with decent squad ... he's put in a lot of effort and brought in good players and deserves our thanks. Wish him all the best

2 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

he lost 5 out of 1st 7 ... after Maryhill the players brought us home. Dreadful 2nd season start then picked up and calendar 2018 was pretty good. poor end to last season altho unlucky in cup. patch start to this season. inconsistent with decent squad ... he's put in a lot of effort and brought in good players and deserves our thanks. Wish him all the best

I knew we lost a couple when he took over but didn't realise the initial record was that bad. Distance and not having to suffer it perhaps blinding me a little.

Overall I think his record stands up well enough to scrutiny. Not sure anyone could have achieved a great deal more, though perhaps some of the obvious flaws in the team might be better managed by whoever takes over.

Just now, Ross. said:

I knew we lost a couple when he took over but didn't realise the initial record was that bad. Distance and not having to suffer it perhaps blinding me a little.

Overall I think his record stands up well enough to scrutiny. Not sure anyone could have achieved a great deal more, though perhaps some of the obvious flaws in the team might be better managed by whoever takes over.

Gordon won 2 after Budgie as interim. Think we were sitting 2nd or 3rd when Kieran started. We only got promoted thanks to massive implosions by other teams and players pulling together. Overall his record is nowhere near as good as Budgie in Premier ... remember those 3 seasons before relegation  ? Anyone that comes in will need to hit ground running and bring in a cpl more bodies i think but Kieran did ok ... 

Yeh I think Kieran did not too bad at all, his legacy imo is putting together a pretty decent squad but possibly not knowing how to get the very best from them? Regardless I wish him all the very best and hope his new career is long and successful. Its a hard dangerous job so anyone joining the fire brigade has my absolute respect.

19 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Gordon won 2 after Budgie as interim. Think we were sitting 2nd or 3rd when Kieran started. We only got promoted thanks to massive implosions by other teams and players pulling together. Overall his record is nowhere near as good as Budgie in Premier ... remember those 3 seasons before relegation  ? Anyone that comes in will need to hit ground running and bring in a cpl more bodies i think but Kieran did ok ... 

Those 3 seasons before relegation had far better individuals in the team. Granted, a lot of that was down to Budgies contacts and scouting. And I think some might tell you it was young Paul who let the team to 2 wins after Budgie went. I'll let him and GR argue over that though!

29 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Those 3 seasons before relegation had far better individuals in the team. Granted, a lot of that was down to Budgies contacts and scouting. And I think some might tell you it was young Paul who let the team to 2 wins after Budgie went. I'll let him and GR argue over that though!

yes ... Budgie's team in other words. Overarchieved is one way of puting it. The budget was pretty small compared to teams we finished much higher than. 

Im not sure Paul ( or Scott ) would say it was them tbh. That was deffo GR but its not something that makes a huge amount of difference except to highlight the very good position Kieran inherited 

Guest Mr Happy
Cos hes done so well as player and assistant? Bin him an aw.

No, not because he’s done so well[emoji52]nor as player nor assistant. As you sarcastically suggest 🤨 but because he’s there at the moment,
we don’t know if Sean will stay or indeed will he be allowed to stay [emoji848]once a new manager is appointed. ( assuming Sean isn’t offered the role, or would he want it as suggested above. Sean hasn’t done anything wrong to deserve your kick in the balls Davy boy.