The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 hour ago, HTG said:

Just to be clear, this Tory govt is rammed to the rafters with utter cùnts with the prize cùnts at the top of the pyramid. 

As has always been & always will be with the Tory party. The faces may change but it’s a prerequisite of joining to be an utter c**t! 

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think you’ll find that unemployment will drop due to the shortage of labour with wages rising.

Inflation will be higher  but I’ve still to see the empty supermarket shelves.

Time will tell who’s right.

That's because, if your shops are like the Tesco I was in yesterday, they spread the tins of beans and spaghetti over half the shelves so it looks like they are full. But in reality there is a smaller selection of items, spread out thinly over more shelves.

Edited by Soapy FFC

13 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

That's because, if your shops are like the Tesco I was in yesterday, they spread the tins of beans and spaghetti over half the shelves so it looks like they are full. But in reality there is a smaller selection of items, spread out thinly over more shelves.

For someone who works in the retail food industry, I can confirm this to be true, it's called overfacing. And it is a constant struggle to get stock In. Typically we receive about 35-50% of stock ordered. This won't improve anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

For someone who works in the retail food industry, I can confirm this to be true, it's called overfacing. And it is a constant struggle to get stock In. Typically we receive about 35-50% of stock ordered. This won't improve anytime soon.

I've also noticed a drop in quality or age of fresh produce. Stuff that would normally be fine in the fridge for a couple of days is going blue and furry much quicker. 

I try to avoid shopping there but the local Co-op has been a shambles for about 2 months now, gaps all the time, random stuff like no crisps or fizzy juice and the pathetic veg section being stocked with stuff that is reduced from the outset.

It's not the end of the world, I doubt we're going to starve but it is undeniably a f**k up. 

Also, I haven't seen Vosene shampoo since July. 

38 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

My local Sainsbury's is like that. There were no frozen pizzas last week and the ice cream was spread out to hide the gap. There's a few other small gaps on the shelves. 

I'm not going to starve, but there were a couple of items that I normally buy that were unavailable. The fruit was a bit more ripe than usual too. 

"It would be interesting if people could report their experiences of fucks about other people. To date, I haven't given any."

53 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Tories aren't human.

It's more than they consider the rest of us to be subhuman.

3 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Never ceases to depress me that a plurality of the English electorate can be gulled by some clumsy alliteration, a few dog whistles and the waving of something shiny. 

On here, ‘Unpopular Opinions for this pish’ I know…

But you do realise you could replace English with Scottish and have the exact same effect? 

5 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

On here, ‘Unpopular Opinions for this pish’ I know…

But you do realise you could replace English with Scottish and have the exact same effect? 

No, I don't recognise or realise that because it's shite. 

"Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty" 

3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

What dog whistles get the SNP elected?

Not wanting your country to be governed by someone elses is anti-English racism obvs.

2 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

So, you consider the looming increases in unemployment & poverty, inflation rising more quickly than wages, foodbanks, empty supermarket shelves, and panic buying of fuel to be normal for the UK?

Personally, I aspire to something better for Scotland.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think you’ll find that unemployment will drop due to the shortage of labour with wages rising.

Inflation will be higher  but I’ve still to see the empty supermarket shelves.

Time will tell who’s right.

I note that you've not addressed any of the points from my previous post that I've highlighted above. Can I assume you're OK with this "normality"? 

With regard to your specific points:

1) "Employment will drop... ...with wages rising" - The rise in numbers of unskilled jobs paying minimum wage will not be counterbalanced by the drop in employment when the removal of furlough kicks in. The second part of your claim will not happen unless the first one does.

2) "Inflation will be higher" - This is not a major problem if wages outstrip inflation. Unfortuately, wages aren't doing this at the moment. Please respond to the question asked. To make it simple for you, I'll rephrase my question. Is it "normal" and desirable for wage packets to shrink when adjusted for inflation?

3) If Mrs DPB does all your shopping for you, how often are you actually in a supermarket? Why do you appear to be the only person on P&B that hasn't had to buy substitute ingredients or alternative items?