The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

12 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I love how we all (including the media) talk about this as though it’s normal, isn’t at all creepy, and doesn’t sound at all like a cult/secret society of mask wearing, sacred dagger wielding, masked gimps.

Ah yes...............The Sevco Loving Cup Goosestep Ceremony..............................

Chris Philp was doing the rounds for the Tory party this morning and doubled down on what is now the "fishul" line...

Chris Philp, the digital minister, said the comment that Starmer had failed to prosecute the prolific child sex offender was “not incorrect” but said the prime minister had clarified he did not mean Starmer took the decision when he led the CPS.

“The first comments in the house on the previous Monday were capable of being misconstrued and that is why it is important and right that a couple of days later that Boris Johnson, the prime minister, did clarify that he was not suggesting at any time that Keir Starmer had personal responsibility for the case,” he told BBC Breakfast. “But he obviously did have responsibility for the conduct of the CPS.

“I don’t think there is any way you can reasonably suggest that the comments on Keir Starmer’s overall responsibility for the CPS in any way provoked the very unseemly and totally unacceptable harassment we saw last night.”

Edited by btb

Is this another thing that is being resurrected to draw attention away from Johnson and get the govt back on track with core Tory voters?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-60293057

As has probably been said in the past, what could possibly go wrong with requiring people to provide credit card, passport or or any other form of ID to access certain websites?

I'm sorry to keep banging on about this but with yet another Minister defending the smear and calling it "a fair, reasonable point" it can't be called anything but "fishul" policy, it's been supported (with varying degrees of enthusiasm) by most of the cabinet and endorsed by inaction by the bulk of the parliamentary Tory group.

1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

Is this another thing that is being resurrected to draw attention away from Johnson and get the govt back on track with core Tory voters?

As has probably been said in the past, what could possibly go wrong with requiring people to provide credit card, passport or or any other form of ID to access certain websites?

Presumably pervs connoisseurs of erotica will just use a VPN to pretend they're in France or wherever.

2 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Not sure that P&B is on terribly strong ground on concerns about the objectification of women TBH, given the NSFW section.

I honestly thought that the incident yesterday with Starmer would be the big news today; people drawing a straight line between Johnson's comments and the incident. But no - it's nowhere near being a big news story now. All focus is on the "mini reshuffle". 

I honestly thought, just a few months after another MP was murdered, and memories of how Trump's rhetoric in the US caused a mob to ignite, that this would be the end times for Johnson. But all very quiet on this front today.  

42 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I honestly thought that the incident yesterday with Starmer would be the big news today; people drawing a straight line between Johnson's comments and the incident. But no - it's nowhere near being a big news story now. All focus is on the "mini reshuffle". 

I honestly thought, just a few months after another MP was murdered, and memories of how Trump's rhetoric in the US caused a mob to ignite, that this would be the end times for Johnson. But all very quiet on this front today.  

I'm just hoping that tomorrow's PMQs features either

a. The incoherent arsehóle actually apologising to the LOTO - not "clarifying" or "expressing regret", actually saying "sorry"; or (by far the more likely)

b. More bluster and nonsensical avoidance of reality, resulting in a few more missives to Brady.

I'd prefer (a), would accept (b), but am hoping for, not expecting, either to happen.

The horrible, horrible bástard will still be in position at least until the LEs in May.

I'm not sure what tack Starmer should take tomorrow. I reckon he'd be best attacking the cost of living crisis and tainting Sunak as much as possible. That, or attacking some of his new appointments from today. 

No point demanding an apology, it won't come. Don't think there is much value in repeating last week's questions.  

30 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I'm not sure what tack Starmer should take tomorrow. I reckon he'd be best attacking the cost of living crisis and tainting Sunak as much as possible. That, or attacking some of his new appointments from today. 

No point demanding an apology, it won't come. Don't think there is much value in repeating last week's questions.  

Might be worthwhile using 1 of his questions on that. Let him bluster his way through it again, digging himself a deeper hole, to wind up more swithering back benchers. 

UK politics is an absolute farce. 
The sooner we are free from it, the better.

I saw Jo Cox sister talking earlier & commenting that words have consequences, I’m not overly worried about the risk to Kieth Starmer over this particular slur, but we are into the Trumpian world of fake news & that is something we surely cannot tolerate. 
I think Joris will survive, if there is still a drip, drip from the inner circle & it’s still alive in the electorates minds come the LE’s then he will be gone, absolutely no chance the Met report will be before the elections. 

17 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Might be worthwhile using 1 of his questions on that. Let him bluster his way through it again, digging himself a deeper hole, to wind up more swithering back benchers. 

He should leave it alone, dog whistling attacks are hard to attack because there's usually some truth in them, he was DPP at the time. The fact that he couldn't be expected to know about or evaluate a junior prosecutor being told by the police that a case against Saville wasn't worth perusing is neither here nor there, even though it's like blaming Priti Patel for that rapist murdering policeman in London.

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He should leave it alone, dog whistling attacks are hard to attack because there's usually some truth in them, he was DPP at the time. The fact that he couldn't be expected to know about or evaluate a junior prosecutor being told by the police that a case against Saville wasn't worth perusing is neither here nor there, even though it's like blaming Priti Patel for that rapist murdering policeman in London.

If Johnson is stupid enough to not apologise and raise it again, the simple response from Starmer should be that if he or any other Tories genuinely believe that someone leading up any organisation is responsible for all that organisations actions, then BoJo should be fired. However, that in someway gives credence to their arguments he was at fault and on that basis, we will leave well alone. Best to leave that argument for Blackford.

Starmer will bo doubt raise the Gillian Keegan mistake in either a way to point out more non following of rules or how easy an apology can be. 

2 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

If Johnson is stupid enough to not apologise and raise it again, the simple response from Starmer should be that if he or any other Tories genuinely believe that someone leading up any organisation is responsible for all that organisations actions, then BoJo should be fired. However, that in someway gives credence to their arguments he was at fault and on that basis, we will leave well alone. Best to leave that argument for Blackford.

Starmer will bo doubt raise the Gillian Keegan mistake in either a way to point out more non following of rules or how easy an apology can be. 

On Keegan, having read her explanation I understand completely what she did. She is sitting with 3 dads talking about their daughters' suicides and gets a notification that she has tested positive. Not many people would simply stand up and march out of the room. You'd have to be inhuman to do that. 

Just now, scottsdad said:

On Keegan, having read her explanation I understand completely what she did. She is sitting with 3 dads talking about their daughters' suicides and gets a notification that she has tested positive. Not many people would simply stand up and march out of the room. You'd have to be inhuman to do that. 

Yup, he'd be mad to raise it.

42 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They should totally do that