The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

5 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Yeah, but they represent a tiny proportion of the potential arrivals and departures. Any Scottish person can go abroad and come back through England and anyone from a non-red zone country can get into Scotland through England without quarantining. All Ireland and IoM being able to enter does is mean that people from those two places who want to come to Scotland can fly in directly instead of flying to Manchester (or driving to Belfast) and travelling into Scotland by land.

Have you never heard of connecting flights?  The ability to use Ireland to circumvent quarantine requirements is not limited to Irish citizens.

Both England and Scotland’s quarantines are at this stage completely pointless. Wales and NI currently have no international flights arriving.

Scotland’s is rendered useless by an easy workaround of arriving in England or Ireland. We’ll barely get out of single figures actually using the hotels as a result - you’d have to be an idiot to actually do it.

England’s is also useless because of the Irish backdoor. It also only applies to certain airports currently (Heathrow, Gatwick, London City, Birmingham). Flights arrived yesterday at Manchester from Doha, Frankfurt and Abu Dhabi. Nothing stopping you going straight from your Johannesburg ICU shift and jumping on a plane to one of the above before flying in to Manchester. You might need to lie, if there’s anyone even at the airport to collect your contact details, and say you haven’t been to a banned country in the last 28 days - but that’s it. I’m not sure there’s even a process for what happens if passengers from banned countries present here. Additionally passengers from banned countries can fly in on a plane with passengers who only need to quarantine at home sharing arrival halls, sitting next to each other on the plane, queueing at security together and then one goes into a hotel for ten days while the other jumps on the Tube.

Half-arsed. Pointless. Pretty clear it either needs to be all - including Ireland - or nothing.

5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

24 billion to bolster armed services, biggest spending since cold war.....Magic money tree again....

That's a lot of fishery protection boats to keep British fish happy...

Aye right. Apparently our defence procurement is along the lines of a kid in a sweet shop and the UK gets ripped off/buys a lot of useless crap. I'm always intrigued by seeing miserable looking squaddies driving up the motorway in army lorries that look as if they were purchased when Harold Wilson was PM and the Beatles were together.

Matt Hancock acted unlawfully over Covid contract details, High Court judge rules
Public entitled to see who received ‘vast’ sums for PPE contracts
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/matt-hancock-covid-contract-ruling-b1804667.html?utm_source=reddit.com

This should be main headline on BBC, UK website, now before@Welshbairn jumps in on this, it is 4 headline in their politics section, but still this is major news. The Nicola Sturgeon/Salmond thing has been main headline in Scottish section for weeks and pales into significance v this.

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

This should be main headline on BBC, UK website, now before@Welshbairn jumps in on this, it is 4 headline in their politics section, but still this is major news. The Nicola Sturgeon/Salmond thing has been main headline in Scottish section for weeks and pales into significance v this.

Prince Harry can’t wear a uniform, though. A bit of perspective, please.

ETA: In other countries Governments fall for less, yet not even in the first 15 minutes of the national news last night.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

On 19/02/2021 at 18:14, John Lambies Doos said:

24 billion to bolster armed services, biggest spending since cold war.....Magic money tree again....

That will be on top of the 32 Billion plus 10 Billion contingency to replace Trident.

66 Billion and we've got food banks and growing homelessness.

With all the borrowing to cover the Pandemic I foresee tax raising and benefit cuts..

Edited by SandyCromarty

Why is he utterly obsessed with physically connecting NI to the mainland?

If he came up with some equally as mental scheme to tow the wee cesspit out into the North Atlantic and fucking sink it for the good of all humanity, I could actually get behind that, but in so far as bridges/tunnels go, naw, get that right to f**k.

Wait. Is this proposed mega-roundabout (circle, for the benefit of Dundonian users) on, or under the Isle of Man? Presumably if its the latter, Johnson believes that the IoM is not connected to the continental shelf, and just randomly bobs around in the Irish sea without drifting off into the Atlantic at the first hint of a stiff breeze?

It's gloriously insane. I'm warming up to the idea.

Edited by Boo Khaki

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

That will be on top of the 32 Billion plus 10 Billion contingency to replace Trident.

66 Billion and we've got food banks and growing homelessness.

With all the borrowing to cover the Pandemic I foresee tax raising and benefit cuts..

The ‘military industrial complex’ isn’t some sort of conspiracy theory.  Blair has been adequately compensated for his support, Johnson will be too when he steps down a starts on the speaking circuit.

If Starmer ever becomes PM he will be a supporter too.

Why is he utterly obsessed with physically connecting NI to the mainland?
If he came up with some equally as mental scheme to tow the wee cesspit out into the North Atlantic and fucking sink it for the good of all humanity, I could actually get behind that, but in so far as bridges/tunnels go, naw, get that right to f**k.
Wait. Is this proposed mega-roundabout (circle, for the benefit of Dundonian users) on, or under the Isle of Man? Presumably if its the latter, Johnson believes that the IoM is not connected to the continental shelf, and just randomly bobs around in the Irish sea without drifting off into the Atlantic at the first hint of a stiff breeze?
It's gloriously insane. I'm warming up to the idea.

I’ve not looked into the details of this, Boris probably hasn’t either tbf, but how the f**k would that benefit Scotland in anyway. You could fucking swim from Belfast to Stranraer faster than you’d drive this route. Who in Glasgow is thinking “let’s go for a weekend in Dublin ... should we go on a half hour long flight for 20 quid or should we drive down to Dumfries, then to the Isle of Man, then to Belfast, then to Dublin and take 10 times as long?”

IMG_1975.jpg.cbe5f987ec7b9894c3fba018720e281e.jpg

It would be some laugh if you took the wrong turn though.

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It's called "chumocracy" or "cronyism". But if the report was talking about, say, Romania they'd call it by its proper name. Corruption.

What do we call it up in Scotland? 

5 hours ago, The Golden God said:

I’ve not looked into the details of this, Boris probably hasn’t either tbf, but how the f**k would that benefit Scotland in anyway. You could fucking swim from Belfast to Stranraer faster than you’d drive this route. Who in Glasgow is thinking “let’s go for a weekend in Dublin ... should we go on a half hour long flight for 20 quid or should we drive down to Dumfries, then to the Isle of Man, then to Belfast, then to Dublin and take 10 times as long?”

IMG_1975.jpg.cbe5f987ec7b9894c3fba018720e281e.jpg

It would be some laugh if you took the wrong turn though.

Although this is bat shit it wouldn't be built for the purpose of pleasing Glaswegians.

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Although this is bat shit it wouldn't be built for the purpose of pleasing Glaswegians.

Correct. The Scottish element wouldn't be built for anyone in Scotland. Absolutely nobody is going to come off the M74 for a massive detour along a shite road to Stranraer when they could take the motorway to Heysham instead. 

I would say "get this in the fucking sea" but it's already there. 

4 minutes ago, HTG said:

Correct. The Scottish element wouldn't be built for anyone in Scotland. Absolutely nobody is going to come off the M74 for a massive detour along a shite road to Stranraer when they could take the motorway to Heysham instead. 

I would say "get this in the fucking sea" but it's already there. 

The rest of the UK is allowed infrastructure..

I think anyone going in an underground tunnel is braver than me in the first place, those things scare the life out of me. 

(Under water that is)

Edited by Stormzy