The Big Relegation Thread

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Coming in on the last day of the window is always a challenge.

I've upvoted but more because I think you'll be wrong and they'll announce someone after the window closes but that will make it even more a challenge.

With the way money is tight, and the salary cap in the lower English leagues there's bound to be more free agents knocking about, but with (the fucking scummy cunting tory) Brexit coupled with covid you'd expect that to reduce the opportunities.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

The big question is can County gather 8 points between now and the end of the season?

50/50 between us and them IMO

Coll Donaldson will give away eight penalties.

They're kinda points.

538's purely statistical analysis where they run thousands of simulations is quite interesting.

- St. Mirren
- County favourites for relegation. 47% chance of automatic, 28% heading for the playoffs. Rated as the worst club in the Premiership.

- Accies 38% 12th, 28% 11th and a 1% chance of top six.

- Dundee United, rated as third most guff so given a 9% chance of Hibsing it.

- Motherwell, considered the best team in the bottom six but still 11% chance of relegation.

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Fwiw I think it's going to be annoyingly boring

St Mirren

St Johnstone

Motherwell

Dundee United

Kilmarnock

Ross County

Hamilton

Finishing above United key for me.

There's been a weirdo United fan seething all season on Twitter that Saints get comments about being a "good side", while United are called boring and shite, despite United being a "top 6 side while St Johnstone will be relegated".

I am a very petty man.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Finishing above United key for me.

There's been a weirdo United fan seething all season on Twitter that Saints get comments about being a "good side", while United are called boring and shite, despite United being a "top 6 side while St Johnstone will be relegated".

I am a very petty man.

Based on what I've personally seen, I think you'll reel them in eventually. I was surprised at how poor they were. Makes me more annoyed that we dropped points against them when we were struggling earlier in the season.

Have to say I can't see past County and Accies for the bottom two places. While the points are tight, it's their GD that is staggeringly poor.

What fascinates me is the managerial switches. Four teams that needed to twist have done so so far. It's obviously paid off wonderfully for Livi. I think Alexander will be fine at Motherwell. Jury's out on Hughes despite a mad result at Pittodrie. Killie have left it  late but will probably scrape over the line.

Which leaves Accies as the outlier. For me it's been clear that they've needed rid of Rice for some time. I admired them for sticking by him when he came out about his gambling issues. I'm also broadly in favour of teams giving guys as long as possible to achieve stability and to prove themselves (except Alan Stubbs). It'll be fascinating to see if they'll prevail by not rolling the dice.

I look at the predicted bottom six and wonder who County could beat.

St. Mirren are a better side than we are as are Motherwell. Dundee United are boring as f**k but can defend better than we can. St. Johnstone will kick on. Kilmarnock will improve now Dyer has gone. Which leaves Accies and I'm not even sure if we're good enough to beat them at home.

31 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I look at the predicted bottom six and wonder who County could beat.

St. Mirren are a better side than we are as are Motherwell. Dundee United are boring as f**k but can defend better than we can. St. Johnstone will kick on. Kilmarnock will improve now Dyer has gone. Which leaves Accies and I'm not even sure if we're good enough to beat them at home.

Ah, but you have Yogi - the guy who should take over at Celtic (copyright Chick Young).

Genuinely lads, how many years running are you going to write Accies off at your peril? 383198682_JackCross.png.d7eb903f6a5a7aee003ccded709b8f92.png

The cockroaches have survived play-offs, pulled wins from out of nowhere at Ibrox, they even orchestrated a wee pandemic last season to end the season early.

They're not going anywhere, deal with it.