Voting Intentions

Suspect Device

General Election  

234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

They'll send you out with some experienced folk to shadow till you are ready to do it yourself, go over talking points etc.

I'd imagine SNP canvassers will be told not to bother with bringing up independence. If someone's already in favour of it, you're preaching to the choir, and if they're against it, it's literally all they will want to talk about. I'm certainly sick to death with Unionists banging on about it.

There's a sentence I never thought I'd be typing twenty-five years ago.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Re your signature: maybe it's because people seeking Scottish independence generally refer to themselves as Scottish Nationalists, and those seeking to leave the EU call themselves Brexiteers.

No we don't. In fact, I very rarely hear a Scottish Independence support refer to themselves as a "nationalist". It's just an idea drilled into you by the media.

5 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'd imagine SNP canvassers will be told not to bother with bringing up independence. If someone's already in favour of it, you're preaching to the choir, and if they're against it, it's literally all they will want to talk about. I'm certainly sick to death with Unionists banging on about it.

There's a sentence I never thought I'd be typing twenty-five years ago.

That tactic didn't work last time and it won't work this time either. If the SNP don't step up on the independence front during the campaign, they'll just alienate even more people like they did in 2017.

7 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

No we don't. In fact, I very rarely hear a Scottish Independence support refer to themselves as a "nationalist". It's just an idea drilled into you by the media.

The "Scottish National Party" is a bit of a clue. 

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

For most people I reckon it's way less emotive that what you are portraying. They simply want the decisions affecting Scottish to be made within Scotland.

If you want Scotland to have the powers of an independent nation, you are a nationalist. Nothing emotive about it, a small n is sufficient. Same as Welsh, Basque and Catalan nationalists. They talk about the nationalist community in NI, it's just the opposite of unionist.

22 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Ooooo an early runner for the moral high ground there.

How will Granny Danger and Day of the Lords respond to this challenge?

Baited breath......

It's no surprise that everything you say on here gets rightfully ridiculed, you utter moron.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Who put you in charge of placing people in boxes with neat wee labels?

I'm just not hung up on neat little labels that everyone understands. Don't mind being called a separatist either.  

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The "Scottish National Party" is a bit of a clue. 

You're right, the clue is in "national". It doesn't say "nationalist" anywhere. But that doesn't stop the MSM referring to the SNP as the Scottish "Nationalist" Party and even if it were the case, not all Scottish Independence supporters are SNP members or voters.

In 2017 the Tories won 317 seats.  I reckon they will lose 25 - 30 of these this time around, including 9 or 10 in Scotland.  If it’s 30 they will need to them win a further 35 elsewhere to have a majority (on the basis that SF keep their seats but don’t sit).

Sadly I think that is a realistic target for them.

9 hours ago, Paco said:

Edinburgh North & Leith for me. There is, somehow, a small but very real possibility the Tories can take this seat. Results from 2017:

SNP 19k
Labour 17k
Tories 15k
Lib Dems 2k
Greens 1k

Looks like it’ll be the same five parties running again. You’d presume that plenty of those Labour votes will siphon to the Lib Dems, bumping up the Tories to second. If SNP/Green then splits the indy vote a bit more than before and you have a possibility the Tories come through the middle.

Expect the SNP will hold on, there surely can’t be many people here planning to vote Tory who didn’t in 2017. But a Tory MP in Leith would be quite the tale...

Well my partner & I now live in this area, so it has a least 2 more SNP voters than last time.

Quick question: who's the single voter plumping for the Brexit Party?  [emoji38]
Also curious who the (currently) 5 'other' voters are endorsing - independents? Spoiling their ballot paper? The Natural Law Party, are they still about?
SureIKnow and Mintermind are both grubby racists. Take yer pick [emoji23]

The Scottish Green Party really are attention seeking fuds. I understand them standing in Glasgow & Edinburgh to an extent....but marginal SNP held seat Perth? The Tories will be delighted with them.
The climate crisis is a big deal but better putting resources into campaigning into set Scottish Parliament elections rather than another UK general election....

They are a party I did have a lot of sympathy for and one I could well have voted for in an independent Scotland but not now. Will be no Green deal in a unionist Conservative led majority that will be taking powers away from Scotland.

I like the Greens but recently they’ve been annoying as f**k, calling for the gov to scrap plans to duel the A9 being one call that particularly bothered me. All for mitigating the effects of climate change and lowering carbon emissions but to make calls to scrap the duelling of one of the most dangerous roads in the country, which should have been duelled in the first place, is stupid.

Anyway, this latest move has just made me dislike them even more.