Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

If this went to a trial it would have been drawn out for a long time. Throughout that time, Guiffre would have had to relive the trauma of what happened to her. She would have been attacked mercilessly by top lawyer scum, had her character unfairly criticised and made out to be something she is not, be made out to be a liar and just after money and, worst of all, that anything that did happen was her fault. Add to that the media pressure and the inevitable media lies, as well as online psychos having a go at her and sending her awful threats and abuse.

Which she would have been more than aware of before she started legal proceedings against the son of the Queen.

25 minutes ago, throbber said:

Which she would have been more than aware of before she started legal proceedings against the son of the Queen.

Which if she hadn't started, we wouldn't now (along with anyone with a functioning brain and access to news) be completely convinced that the Queen's son is a nonce and a sexual trafficking victim's charity is presumably several million dollars-worth better off. 

7 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

This was a civil case so was never going to end in jail time. If it had gone to trial the best the plaintiff could get was an apology, a payment and a finding that she had been abused by Mr Windsor. She ended up with an apology, a payout and an acknowledgement that she was a victim of abuse (although without specifying the perpetrator) without having to go to court. Its a pretty convincing win.

Those outraged by the lack of punishment for the nonce should direct their ire at the US legal system which protected (and continues to protect) Epstein's sordid associates from justice in a court of law

A half arsed apology and no admission of guilt.  That latter point is the one that will be raised time and again in the future by his apologists.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Which if she hadn't started, we wouldn't now (along with anyone with a functioning brain and access to news) be completely convinced that the Queen's son is a nonce and a sexual trafficking victim's charity is presumably several million dollars-worth better off. 

The world knows he is a nonce who can use his profile and his mums money to ensure he doesn’t stand trial in a criminal court. Doesn’t seem like much of a victory for the general public.

The discussions about him returning to private life are amusing because, what the f**k did he ever do? I would suspect a decent chunk of the population wouldn't even know who Prince Andrew was before these allegations came out and when it comes to those who actually know what he did you are surely well below 1% of a rampantly sycophantic UK population.

So he did f**k all and got very wealthy from it (like most royals).

Very much agree with those who say the victim in this case has done absolutely nothing wrong in settling, the most likely and appropriate outcome in this case. He is, clearly, guilty as sin but he was never going to face justice anyway. In quite a few parts of the world the Monarchy are very literally above the law, anyone supporting Prince Andrew no doubt thinks this should apply to the UK as well.

Supporting the Royal Family is an absolute midden, and that would apply whether the Royals were complete reprobates or the reincarnation of Mahtama Ghandi. Most are simply no mark losers. The more reprobates exposed the more likely they are to be toppled. 

Sadly, they are still under generous media protection. I highly doubt these allegations would come out were they about Prince Charles (the epitome of no mark loser) the same reason why the affairs of Prince Phillip and William never make the papers.

15 hours ago, stanton said:

It looks to me that he's been told to settle in order to save his maw from embarrassment during her Jubilee celebrations 

15 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

He's been told to settle because he is a nonce and would have lost in court anyway

One of the above will be the official line and the other is the truth

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Reading that the queen will assist with paying the settlement worth over 12M aka we are all paying for this beast, get these scrounging c***s into the sea.

I've been hearing this a lot but exactly how will we be paying?  It's not like Liz sends us a bill every year.  I'm pretty sure she gets an annual allowance and I very much doubt she will suddenly bump up her allowance.  

She'll be funding the payout from her private wealth. 

32 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I've been hearing this a lot but exactly how will we be paying?  It's not like Liz sends us a bill every year.  I'm pretty sure she gets an annual allowance and I very much doubt she will suddenly bump up her allowance.  

She'll be funding the payout from her private wealth. 

The queen doesn't have private wealth.