Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:
She is the victim in all of this.
As such, she has the right to decide for herself what gives her closure on the issue.
Without criticism.
And without judgment.
There's a time for fat, middle-aged white men, who have no inkling of what this woman has been put through, to know when to keep their comments to themselves IMO.
And this would be one of those times.

You go quite weird when a topic involves women, if you dont mind me saying.

I know this is going to make me feel dirty, but I have to agree with Oaksoft here.

There, I said it. Now I need a shower... 

I know this is going to make me feel dirty, but I have to agree with Oaksoft here.
There, I said it. Now I need a shower... 

I dont disagree with him per se. I just think he takes on a really weird, fairly agressive tone on this particular topic.

As such, she has the right to decide for herself what gives her closure on the issue.
Without criticism.
And without judgment.
There's a time for fat, middle-aged white men, who have no inkling of what this woman has been put through, to know when to keep their comments to themselves IMO.
Strangely I've seen umpteen similar SM posts and most seem to be from women accusing her of being a gold digger etc. No idea whether they are white, middle aged or fat mind you. Those sort of opinions are far from the preserve of the very narrow demographic you described.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont disagree with him per se. I just think he takes on a really weird, fairly agressive tone on this particular topic.

Not just on this one!

His occasional attempts to feign compassion are as sporadic as they are bemusing. Oaksoft of years past would've been getting stuck in to her for sponging off the public purse.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
Without criticism.
And without judgment.

You go quite weird when a topic involves women, if you dont mind me saying.

He's 100% right on this occasion. Good luck to her. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Not just on this one!

His occasional attempts to feign compassion are as sporadic as they are bemusing. Oaksoft of years past would've been getting stuck in to her for sponging off the public purse.

I dont have an issue with agreeing with him where the shoe fits. I do recall some pretty horrible takes from him over the years, specifically re addiction IIRC (il retract if that wasn't him)

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

He's 100% right on this occasion. Good luck to her. 

Yeah, as I said, I dont disagree, but you can be right and still come across a bit..... odd. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont have an issue with agreeing with him where the shoe fits. I do recall some pretty horrible takes from him over the years, specifically re addiction IIRC (il retract if that wasn't him)

I think it's just a matter of finding the largest group to taking a supercilious swipe at.

23 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
Without criticism.
And without judgment.

Strangely I've seen umpteen similar SM posts and most seem to be from women accusing her of being a gold digger etc. No idea whether they are white, middle aged or fat mind you. Those sort of opinions are far from the preserve of the very narrow demographic you described.

Women online can be a scary bunch. Mumsnet is a binfire that makes Twitter look like a bastion of sanity at times. 

Not sure what her ultimate goal was.  If it was doing anything to minimise the likelihood of rich and powerful people using that wealth and power to continue their exploitation of vulnerable young people I’m not sure this settlement was the best way of achieving it.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not sure what her ultimate goal was.  If it was doing anything to minimise the likelihood of rich and powerful people using that wealth and power to continue their exploitation of vulnerable young people I’m not sure this settlement was the best way of achieving it.

Well, there can't be any parents left in the world who aren't aware that they shouldn't give Pronce Andrew access to their daughters. Other than that, a lassie who was traded around like a Pokemon card has a sizeable amount of money to live the rest of her life in comfort.

We'd all like to see sex offenders punished by the authorities, but I think we all know that would never have been allowed in this case.

7 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Well, there can't be any parents left in the world who aren't aware that they shouldn't give Pronce Andrew access to their daughters. Other than that, a lassie who was traded around like a Pokemon card has a sizeable amount of money to live the rest of her life in comfort.

We'd all like to see sex offenders punished by the authorities, but I think we all know that would never have been allowed in this case.

If you see it about one individual fair enough, if you see it about a class of people using their wealth and power then maybe another outcome would have had more impact.

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If you see it about one individual fair enough, if you see it about a class of people using their wealth and power then maybe another outcome would have had more impact.

Yeah, but that's not happening, and if the days of a peasants' revolt aren't completely gone yet, they soon will be.

12 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

What’s this mumsnet carry on? Is it a social media site? Maybe a bunch from here should journey over and check it out?

You go first and report back...