Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

40 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I've been hearing this a lot but exactly how will we be paying?  It's not like Liz sends us a bill every year.  I'm pretty sure she gets an annual allowance and I very much doubt she will suddenly bump up her allowance.  

She'll be funding the payout from her private wealth. 

As a tax payer will she be ticking the Gift aid box? 
Ah, not a UK charity.

Edited by Tony Ferrino

I've been hearing this a lot but exactly how will we be paying?  It's not like Liz sends us a bill every year.  I'm pretty sure she gets an annual allowance and I very much doubt she will suddenly bump up her allowance.  
And where does this allowance and private wealth come from if it's not from the tax payer?

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
52 minutes ago, hk blues said:

And where does this allowance and private wealth come from if it's not from the tax payer?

he Queen has a private income from her personal investment portfolio,[35] though her personal wealth and income are not known.[40] Jock Colville, a former private secretary to the Queen (when she was Princess Elizabeth) and a director of her bank, Coutts, estimated her wealth at £2 million in 1971 (the equivalent of about £29 million today).[41][42] An official statement from Buckingham Palace in 1993 called estimates of £100 million "grossly overstated".[43] In 2002, she inherited her mother's estate, thought to have been worth £70 million[44] (the equivalent of about £116 million today).[41] Sandringham House and Balmoral Castle are privately owned by the Queen.[45]

Forbes magazine estimated the Queen's net worth at around $500 million (about £325 million) in 2011,[46] while an analysis by the Bloomberg Billionaires Index put it at $425 million (about £275 million) in 2015.[47] In 2012 the Sunday Times estimated the Queen's wealth as being £310 million ($504 million), and that year the Queen received a Guinness World Record as Wealthiest Queen.[48] The Sunday Times Rich List 2015 estimated her wealth at £340 million, making her the 302nd richest person in the United Kingdom; that was the first year she was not among the Sunday Times Rich List's top 300 most wealthy since the list began in 1989.[49] She was number one on the list when it began in 1989,[49] with a reported wealth of £5.2 billion, which included state assets that were not hers personally,[50] (approximately £13.2 billion in today's value).[41]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finances_of_the_British_royal_family#Private_wealth_of_the_Queen

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

It'll be tucked away somewhere on her expenses - we'll be paying for it.

Meanwhile the Met are investigating Chuck....

Met investigating cash-for-honours claims linked to Prince’s Foundation | Charities | The Guardian

Seems like he's been hanging about with unsavoury charachters too, monarchy is by its nature corrupt.

Edited by btb

14 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Acht, this is where we are still at.

If we happen to be holders of a UK passport and examine the not so small print, you will find that we are subjects of the monarch, and not citizens of a country. 

Many might describe this situation as being an unsatisfactory state of affairs. 

No it doesn't.

A British subject is a completely different designation from a British citizen 

Andrew was a grade A arsehole before this.

Shady links to Arms trade.

Hawking it about in his red coat with more medals than Trophy Centre shop. None of which he earned.

Abusing his royal position to fleece the taxpayers.

This latest case, is just the cherry on top of the cake, albeit a rather big nonce cherry.

A total failure of a human being.

I don't buy this narrative that an agreement was reached "to save the jubilee". I've seen 2 of these Jubilees in the last 20 years and they are damp squibs. A few parties and a lot of BBC coverage but by and large these are negligible. 

Would a woman happily have her son brand himself a nonce for life in order to save some garden parties? Is that what the BBC want us to believe?

Whether it is legally true or not, such a settlement says to the public at large that there is guilt here. Otherwise, why not fight this law suit tooth and nail?

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

Andrew was a grade A arsehole before this.

Shady links to Arms trade.

Hawking it about in his red coat with more medals than Trophy Centre shop. None of which he earned.

Abusing his royal position to fleece the taxpayers.

This latest case, is just the cherry on top of the cake, albeit a rather big nonce cherry.

A total failure of a human being.

Not quite true.  One of his medals was actually earned in the Falklands.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I don't buy this narrative that an agreement was reached "to save the jubilee". I've seen 2 of these Jubilees in the last 20 years and they are damp squibs. A few parties and a lot of BBC coverage but by and large these are negligible. 

Would a woman happily have her son brand himself a nonce for life in order to save some garden parties? Is that what the BBC want us to believe?

Two things: 1) this jubilee bullshit will mean a lot to Lizzie and 2) Lizzie is not particularly bright or in touch with public feeling.

One of the things noticeable about the Windsors is that none of them have ever been notable for intelligence, still less any for having any sense of the public. Harry and William, IIRC, both barely passed exams (despite the public paying hand over fist for private tutors, copious cheating, and rules being waived because of their titles), while Charlie is also an idiot. Lizzie herself has never evinced the slightest academic interest or ability. These people live in a bubble.

Edited by Antlion

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Her private wealth was literally built up via decades of the old fraud screwing over the public purse.

What’s happened over the centuries is that the royals sold politicians all the hard bits of governing (making unpopular decisions, spending public money on public affairs, speaking up on controversial issues, and starting wars) in return for gaining total protection from political and legal scrutiny, absolute say over laws affecting their finances and private interests, total deference, the retention of funds (that might otherwise go into the public purse) from crown estates, and unscrutinised wads of public cash. They’ve basically managed to hoodwink the public into thinking this is self sacrifice to duty on their part. Incredible.

Edited by Antlion