Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, The DA said:

How would the majority of us build up a stockpile to last the family through that 2 week lock down though?

Pretty certain 90% of Ayrshire would manage just fine. There’s been no toilet roll for weeks and folk seem to be doing a “big shop” every other day 

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

FYI for the balloons saying we aren't on the Italy curve, our daily death fugure today is higher than South Korea's total number of deaths.

But we're not on the Italy curve, plus your point has nothing to do with that.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Haven’t had a takeaway since this got to lockdown stage. Have been making new recipes and trying new stuff out. Also, as we are now eating lunch at home every day, have been playing a game of ‘how creative can you be with a toastie machine’. 🙂

Best Mick Mccarthy GIFs | Gfycat

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I thought it was 5 days before symptoms showed 

My apologies getting my stats mixed up. Almost all infected people will display symptoms by 11 days.

Although I've also seen another online report claiming a mean time of 14 days from becoming symptomatic until death.

Is there actually any point in publishing the numbers of deaths to the general public? Why bother?

It becomes a morbid race to the top of the death league, and people use the number as evidence of their own political agenda/theory.

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Anyone who thinks the day to day variance is at all relevant should be ignored. 

Agreed. The "curve" is the bigger picture. It's still relatively flat.

It's not a spike, at least.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Is there actually any point in publishing the numbers of deaths to the general public? Why bother?
Think maybe to keep the seriousness of it at the forefront of folks minds? We have seen already how littlenconvincing folk take to dismiss all required measures and do wot the f**k they want instead.