Coronavirus (COVID-19)

29 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Make that 4, Brooks Koepka also sitting this one out after his caddy Ricky Elliott tested positive. The PGA Tour had always expected to get some positive tests, but I'm  not sure they would have thought they would get 4 in 6 days.

That is a stramge one...Ricky and Brooks have been living in the same house with a chef no other contacts at each tournament.seemingly

The commisioner of the pga is flying into this weeks tournament....rumours of a cancellation 

Update seemingly Rivky has restested negative 😂

Edited by doulikefish

Reading the last few posts of this thread has made me feel a little better. I've seen a few posts online from other parents showcasing all of the work their kids are doing and I feel like a shite parent.

My kids have pretty much done f**k all in the last few weeks, I've stopped checking the work they've been assigned and log them in every morning, nothing more. The first few weeks was nothing more than then being being "assigned" a website to check out, or a YouTube video to watch. They aren't interested, and I can't make them suddenly show an interest. Glad it isn't just me that's struggled with it! They have, however, learned how to change a hard drive and a laptop screen so there are some useful life skills out there. [emoji16]

Don't feel guilty - as that's not going to help.

If i could offer some advice (feel free to tell me to mind my own fucking business) or would be... whatever you get them doing, do it with them, or at least show as much genuine interest in what they're learning as you can.

Bin the school stuff if you want, and let them choose something they enjoy. But then try to check with them and see if you can help them learn it - or correct any mistakes they've made - or offer any alternative ideas. Reading stuff and understanding it is the key to pretty much every aspect of education.

Apologies again for trying to stick my nose in, it just worried me when you said you've left them to it. The most interest thing is that they're engaged in something (relatively) productive. But certainly don't beat yourself up or feel bad about what's happened so far.

4 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Optomistic now about getting to Hamilton Park in August. Maybe / maybe not on the 1st, but for sure on the 28th.

I see no reason why 90% of clubs can’t  play in front of fans then. If supporters or the clubs themselves are still worried then make the fans wear a face covering

I just hope if there is a “spike” or “second wave” or the usual colds/flu come the Autumn, that we don’t shit the bed and lockdown again. IMO lockdown should be a one off thing that we did to *cliche alert* prevent the NHS from being overwhelmed. Now they have the correct PPE, increased numbers of ventilators and the hospital at the SEC that’s yet to see a patient, there should be no need or desire to implement another lockdown 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

653 new cases across the UK today - another large drop from yesterday. 

I don't want to he "that guy", but it is a little odd that there's another pretty sharp decline. Even allowing for the shenanigans with testing numbers, the amount of tests are high. There's nothing to be gained from lying about new cases so interested as to why there's the sudden drop off. 

I haven't been following how the testing data has been put together, but is there a delay in this also with previous cases being announced days after the results had been received? 

Good news, anyway. Almost half of what we were encountering last week. 

The weather was shit last week.

46 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see no reason why 90% of clubs can’t  play in front of fans then. If supporters or the clubs themselves are still worried then make the fans wear a face covering

Hamilton Park is a racecourse btw

14 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Just caught the end of the news there. Something about Trump trying to justify testing fewer people as this would result in fewer positive results. 

Please tell me I misheard that

Just caught the end of the news there. Something about Trump trying to justify testing fewer people as this would result in fewer positive results. 
You cant argue with the mans logic.
I like looking at the stat of covid cases confirmed per million population. Ignoring principalities etc.
Qatar 32,331
Bahrain 13,570
Chile 13,311
Kuwait 9,810
Peru 7,913
Top 5 might be quite a suprise to some.
Particularly how far Qatar is worst in the world.
They are not in the top 10 for testing so no real get out of jail statistic.

26 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

No.

Some of his camp then tried to say that he wasn't being serious, that he was being tongue-in-cheek, or that he was kidding - to which he doubled-down and said that he wasn't kidding.

34 minutes ago, superbigal said:

You cant argue with the mans logic.
I like looking at the stat of covid cases confirmed per million population. Ignoring principalities etc.
Qatar 32,331
Bahrain 13,570
Chile 13,311
Kuwait 9,810
Peru 7,913
Top 5 might be quite a suprise to some.
Particularly how far Qatar is worst in the world.
They are not in the top 10 for testing so no real get out of jail statistic.

Only 104 deaths out of 90,000 cases in Qatar as well. It's a small country and pretty much everyone lives in Doha, so probably a good candidate for a high number of cases. Guess the population is probably quite young too hence low deaths.