Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Tynie must’ve been writing his reply while I wrote my shpiel, but it ties in with what I’d heard from FVRH and what’s being widely reported. So in a nutshell, Falkirk’s pretty much getting shat on.

Said this a while back. Whether it's be having a hospital that serves two other LAs, or sharing a border (a pretty remote border at that)  with N Lanarkshire, or Falkirk's Tiering simply isn't in its' citizens' hands.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Just to offer further clarity, what was said was that the situation in FVRH is a lot worse than is being reported 

Just to muddy the waters again, what I was hearing was very much the opposite. ICU not overburdened or near capacity or anything like that.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

My mate's dog walker knows one of the guys who delivers the cans for the vending machines to the Western General and they said Glasgow is going to tier 0.

f**k off! 😂

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

My mate's dog walker knows one of the guys who delivers the cans for the vending machines to the Western General and they said Glasgow is going to tier 0.

I'll miss the cans in Queens park but this is great news. 

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Tynie must’ve been writing his reply while I wrote my shpiel, but it ties in with what I’d heard from FVRH and what’s being widely reported. So in a nutshell, Falkirk’s pretty much getting shat on.

They were shat on at the launch of the tiers as the case numbers merited the one below. Would have expected more grumblings from the local businesses suffering hardship through not being able to trade. They didn’t fight tier 3 so easy enough to get punted into the top one 

22 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

They were shat on at the launch of the tiers as the case numbers merited the one below. Would have expected more grumblings from the local businesses suffering hardship through not being able to trade. They didn’t fight tier 3 so easy enough to get punted into the top one 

Yeah seems that way. I think there were a few grumblings but a lot of local businesses have seemed quite accepting or found a way to adapt. There will be some who’ve struggled or shut down obviously, but I don’t know of all that many local businesses who’ve gone to the wall due to the pandemic. 

However in Falkirk’s case, overall there doesn’t seem to have been any major noticeable differences that I’ve seen or heard of. There’d probably have been a lot more noise from the local business sector had this been 15 years ago, but the High Street and shopping centres were long dead on their arse before Covid was even a thing.

22 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Yeah seems that way. I think there were a few grumblings but a lot of local businesses have seemed quite accepting or found a way to adapt. There will be some who’ve struggled or shut down obviously, but I don’t know of all that many local businesses who’ve gone to the wall due to the pandemic. 

However in Falkirk’s case, overall there doesn’t seem to have been any major noticeable differences that I’ve seen or heard of. There’d probably have been a lot more noise from the local business sector had this been 15 years ago, but the High Street and shopping centres were long dead on their arse before Covid was even a thing.

There’s been quite a few hospitality venues near me in Edinburgh have shut down permanently since the start of this. Couple of my favourite restaurants actually which is gutting.

12 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

There’s been quite a few hospitality venues near me in Edinburgh have shut down permanently since the start of this. Couple of my favourite restaurants actually which is gutting.

I know and it’s happening worldwide and a sin that any business or its staff suffer regardless of where. I was specifically referencing Falkirk though because on the face of it, in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t appear to have been affected to quite the same levels as other places, but that’s because Falkirk got way ahead of the pandemic and died a death ages ago.