Coronavirus (COVID-19)

As far as I understood the vaccine didn't prevent transmission of COVID, rather it allowed the body to quickly fight it resulting in no or mild symptoms. That can be contrasted with the smallpox vaccine which was successful in almost blocking transmission entirely which allowed the disease to be eradicated.

Provided the vast majority of vulnerable groups can be vaccinated, once this is done then there is no argument for a significant restrictions. We don't aim for a zero flu outcome given how widespread it is and how quickly it mutates so I fail to see how a zero COVID strategy is a legitimate aim until a vaccine that prevents transmission is developed.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

1865 cases, 8.7% positivity today

1 minute ago, MP_MFC said:

Cases do seem to have steadied and % coming down too, admissions still going up but not massively yet.

Looking a bit brighter in comparison to down south.

109 in ICU, up from 102. 

1596 in hospital, up from 1530.

25 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
57 minutes ago, Empty It said:
Amen brother, they can all sit in their houses as Scotland become triumphant underdog Euro 2021 champions but that's not my game.

Can see it all now. FT whistle and thousands of delirious Scots invade the hallowed Wembley turf carrying trophy winning goalscorer Lyndon Dykes naked off the park as the goalposts get snapped....a week later we are stripped of the title due to fans breaching Covid regulations totally ignoring the wanton vandalism post match !

Is3DAG.gif

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I don’t know if anybody read the story about the two young women from Leicestershire who were finned by a mob heavy police force. They drove 5 miles in their own cars to go a socially distanced walk in a quite area. They stayed 2 metres apart and were confronted by a police van and 2 cars. The women had coffee cups they’d brought from home, they were told this was classed as a “picnic” (despite the fact they weren’t sitting down drinking them) and fined £200 each. If you think this is acceptable then you’re part of the problem. 

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/137327427_3786862834714445_2094334568205575916_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=6vYWY2FEEdAAX8l1s5A&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=82bca0f29a1cd06eda587d9e95260751&oe=6020DEF6

Aye but it's entertaining as it is frustrating tbh. My ex's old man was a staunch *** (apart from actually going to games) who wouldn't shop at Asda, or ever get into a green car. I'm not quite what he thought would happen to him in either of those situations. 
[emoji38]
Wasn't there an asda in weegie land that changed its green sign to blue because the *** fuckwits were attacking it?

[emoji38]
Wasn't there an asda in weegie land that changed its green sign to blue because the *** fuckwits were attacking it?

Thats a myth. A widely believed myth. Super stauch larkhall or larkyderry doesn’t have an asda. However subway has a black background instead of the usual green one and there used to be w moss pharmacy which changed its sign from green to blue. It’s bigot central tbf

Thats a myth. A widely believed myth. Super stauch larkhall or larkyderry doesn’t have an asda. However subway has a black background instead of the usual green one and there used to be w moss pharmacy which changed its sign from green to blue. It’s bigot central tbf
Don't forget the green traffic lights having a grill over them.

There's an asda there now but I believe the colour scheme is its normal self.

20 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Larkhall does have an Asda but it is very green. As you say the subway is black though.

All the green traffic lights have cages over them in Larkhall.

22 hours ago, superbigal said:

Onwards another day and the 7 day infection rate per 100K drops from 299.5 to 297.4

So last 3 days a 3.5% rise, a 3% rise and now a 0.70% drop.

This follows 7 days of substantial rises usually over 10%

Looks like we have hit the ceiling albeit positive cases over the next few recorded days will encompass infections likley evolving from New Year illegal gatherings.

Dig in a little deeper and the news is even better.

Every Council Alphabetical Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Angus, Argyll & Bute,   City of Edinburgh have recorded a REDUCTION in cases.

Clackmannanshire up a little

Dumfries, Dundee , East Ayr, East Dunbarton, East lothian, East Renfrew, also all DOWN in infections

Falkirk up a little

Fife , Highlands, Renfrew, South lanark, Stirling up a tiny number

Glasgow, Inverclyde, Midlothian, Moray, Western Isles, North Ayr, North lanark,  Perth & Kinross, Borders, South Ayr, Shetlands, West Dunbarton, West Lothian all DOWN

Onwards another day and the 7 day infection rate per 100K 31 Dec to 6th Jan drops from 297.4 to 289.4

So last 4 days a rise of 3.5%, a rise of 3%, a fall of 0.70% and now a further substantial fall of 2.69%

Hopefully now a sustained pattern.

Huge drop in cases (Over 10%) in Dumfries & Galloway, East Renfrewshire (Over 15%), Highlands, Inverclyde, Western Isles (Over 50%), Shetlands (Over 30%), 

Large drop in cases (Over 5%) in Aberdeen, Argyl & Bute, Dundee,  East Ayrshire, East Lothian

Small drop in cases in Aberdeenshire, City of Edinburgh, Clacks, East Dunbarton, Falkirk, Fife, Glasgow, Midlothian, Moray, North Lanark, Perth & Kinross, Renfrewshire, Borders, South Ayr, West Dunbarton, West Lothia

No Change in cases in North Ayrshire, Orkney

Small increase in cases in Angus

Rise in cases in South Lanarkshire (4.03%), 

Shocker in Stirling up 25.22%

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Actual adults having a problem with a colour emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I work with a guy who won't sit on green seats etc. He is in his 40s. Minter.

A guy I used to know would never sign Irish players in football manager, and once when watching rangers in a pub and the other team scored, when some random guy cheered, my "mate" subsequently spent all night red faced with anger that this guy did this as a "known Catholic". 

Fucking morons. 

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

She's definitely now tweeting with the sole intention of winding up VT

She was talking about lockdown until we were close to zero covid only yesterday. 

Not sure how that is going to be achieved with schools open.