Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Yes. My folks are of the opinion this has gone on long enough and it's about time they enjoyed the finer things in life so they've been going and having cups of tea inside their pals houses. They get very truculent and defensive when me or any of my siblings try to tell them not to. Staunch anti SNP, wee nippy's not telling me what to do etc.

My Mum is the worst for this. She likes Nicola but she periodically decides that she's done with all of it. I think she thinks because she's a bit more vulnerable herself she can just take things into her own hands. Yet she's been going to some fairly elderly friends house to play Bridge etc.

Similarly she gets very defensive when I tell her to wise up.

I always wondered that too - the very conditions that make mask-wearing problematic would also seem to indicate that somebody should be shielding in the first place.
Regarding supermarkets, I reckon they probably need to return to the one-in/one-out limited numbers in-store they did early doors last year, and maybe also get a bit more draconian about insisting on single shopping or two together at the most - seem to be a lot of tinky families of five or six treating it like a big day out as things stand.
I was in Tesco on Friday and there was a family consisting of mum, dad, and 5 kids, ranging from about 2 years old to 8 or 9. Fkn ridiculous. I know everything else is shut, but a trip to the supermarket isn't supposed to be a family day out.

I was in Tesco on Friday and there was a family consisting of mum, dad, and 5 kids, ranging from about 2 years old to 8 or 9. Fkn ridiculous. I know everything else is shut, but a trip to the supermarket isn't supposed to be a family day out.
I went to my local spar the other day. Theres a sign on the door that says 4 in the shop max. Walked in and the boy told me I'd have to wait, so wait I did.... For a good wee while. Then out comes a family of four, who have obviously been p***king about at the Costa machine.

All four of them in a shop that clearly states 4 customers max. Iv not seen anything more selfish than that in the flesh as yet.

Well said guys....,been noticing for quite sometime now, how certain families are treating a trip to get the messages like a day out to the beach !!

I get it if they're a one parent family etc but too many are hauling everybody out to Tesco,Morrison's,Aldi etc just to get out the house,its dangerous and its utterly pathetic.....

No wonder the UK now has the highest infection rate in the world,an island full of "it's all about me minters" !! 

10 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
13 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:
I always wondered that too - the very conditions that make mask-wearing problematic would also seem to indicate that somebody should be shielding in the first place.
Regarding supermarkets, I reckon they probably need to return to the one-in/one-out limited numbers in-store they did early doors last year, and maybe also get a bit more draconian about insisting on single shopping or two together at the most - seem to be a lot of tinky families of five or six treating it like a big day out as things stand.

There's other wee things like parents letting their kid push the trolley and they're swinging out into the aisle and making a wee game out of it.

I know I'm a miserable c**t but how hard is it to just treat the supermarket as get in, get what you need and get out.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

There is an interesting point about teachers being regarded as front line and therefore should be included as priority in the vaccination program to get schools back. Does anyone agree?

It's only an interesting point if you still subscribe to the utter bullshit claim that 'the weans cannae spread it'. They can and they do though, so giving teachers - and every category of support staff - priority for vaccination wouldn't actually stop the virus from spreading like wildfire once the sprogs get beyond the school gates again every day.

She added: “Working parents are not second-class citizens, although they are sometimes treated as such – they are super human."

I'm sure that your Victoria Cross is in the post.

IMG_1730.jpg.5c1913dde496e59fb1ac40d20f14a563.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

Local Aldi to me had a family of 5 with no mask on swagging through the shop. One of the little b*****ds was coughing into his hand then rummaging through the items on the shelves.

This was the week before Christmas. I’ve never been more tempted to tell a random kid that Santa isn’t real before.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

There's other wee things like parents letting their kid push the trolley and they're swinging out into the aisle and making a wee game out of it.

I know I'm a miserable c**t but how hard is it to just treat the supermarket as get in, get what you need and get out.

We haven't taken our young lad to the supermarket since March.  It's not that I am so concerned about other folk but I don't want to expose him to the risk of catching it.  That, and he's a pain in the arse anyway when we're shopping. 

Why the f**k would anyone want to take their kid(s) to the supermarket? From my experience, its shite. They spend their time running away and hiding half the time and you get to the till and you find you have extra items you didnt put in. It also adds an extra 20 or so minutes onto a job that is necessary but infinitely shite.

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Why the f**k would anyone want to take their kid(s) to the supermarket? From my experience, its shite. They spend their time running away and hiding half the time and you get to the till and you find you have extra items you didnt put in. It also adds an extra 20 or so minutes onto a job that is necessary but infinitely shite.

My wife says the same about me.  

16 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Looks like non essential construction (whatever that is), click and collect and non delivery takeaways are today's "tightening" measures.

My parents are moving into a house that’s getting work done, due to finish by mid February. They move out of their current house in mid February, so assume they’ll be able to claim that as essential to avoid being homeless in a few weeks.

15 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Making it one person per trolley would make a much bigger difference 

11 hours ago, Snafu said:

Sainsbury's and Morrisons now banning people who refuse to wear masks unless medically exempt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55618408

Good to see in the BBC article that Sainbury's will not let groups in for shopping. About time...

I'm sure anyone who didn't want to wear a mask in the first place will just claim they're medically exempt, as they were probably doing already. 

I’d love to see one of these people challenged on it.

37 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's only an interesting point if you still subscribe to the utter bullshit claim that 'the weans cannae spread it'. They can and they do though, so giving teachers - and every category of support staff - priority for vaccination wouldn't actually stop the virus from spreading like wildfire once the sprogs get beyond the school gates again every day.

As a lot of people on here have been calling for restrictions to be eased once the all the targeted priority groups have been vaccinated, please tell me when you think it will be safe to open he schools again.

11 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’d love to see one of these people challenged on it.

You're not allowed to ask for proof as it is discriminatory.

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

Whilst people who are shielding were advised to avoid shops last time round, that isn't the advice this time.

I personally find the whole "I can't wear a mask" stuff absolutely bollocks, and a fantastic example of the modern snowflake culture. The only thing uncomfortable about them is they sometimes hurt your ears after a prolonged period.

13 minutes ago, The Stig said:

As a lot of people on here have been calling for restrictions to be eased once the all the targeted priority groups have been vaccinated, please tell me when you think it will be safe to open he schools again.

It will never be 'safe' to open a vast reservoir of undistanced grotty weans in a pandemic. But when ICU levels are nowhere near critical and the R rate is sitting at 0.6 or lower, that risk can be deemed tolerable again. Any government shortcut before that point to keep snippy parents on side would needlesly prolong restrictions for the rest of society.