Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I'd guess the population density of the NHS Highland area doesn't lend itself to setting up the mass sites.  Each site would have to cover a huge geographic spread and make it far more difficult to travel to compared to other NHS areas.

I agree but I think they could easily have one set up in Inverness, it's population alone nearly 70,000, and you could have others coming from the other towns close by to push that close to 100,000.  Granted not all of that 100,000 will take the vaccine and/or are children but it's still a fair amount of folk.  You could get through a lot of that number in 2-3 weeks IMO.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I agree but I think they could easily have one set up in Inverness, it's population alone nearly 70,000, and you could have others coming from the other towns close by to push that close to 100,000.  Granted not all of that 100,000 will take the vaccine and/or are children but it's still a fair amount of folk.  You could get through a lot of that number in 2-3 weeks IMO.

I'd assumed there was one in Inverness.  Seems daft not to have a large site in the main urban area .

ETA.  I think Inverness has roughly the same population as Perth.  Perth has a large vaccination site that I had to travel to which was just over 20 miles for me.  If Perth can support that surely Inverness could have.

Edited by Left Back

10 hours ago, Elixir said:

Quite simply, given Scotland still has considerably less people with immunity in the population relative to elsewhere in the UK, the Scottish Government should absolutely be going hell for leather like the Taffs are, as this is clearly reflected in our respective infection rates - which for the time being will make Scot Gov stall on easing restrictions further, therefore harming businesses and the economy. Wales likely won't have this problem. Things here could be going considerably better than they are if not for largely ineffective administrative procedures.

As I was saying...

Edit:

Edited by Elixir

Just back from my second jab at the Drop In at Paisley, when I arrived the queue was about 25 people in front of me ,it's now about 400m long and growing , it shows that there is a demand for this type of vaccination centre.

9 minutes ago, Elixir said:

As I was saying...

Edit:

I didn't realise until I read that thread there (and confirmed it elsewhere) that household mixing outside of bubbles is not allowed in Wales and won't be allowed until the 4th of June. 

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

The country is swimming in AZ vaccine and this tiny safety concern should be optional as was originally intended.

Get AZ walk ins and let the under 40s decide for themselves if they will take a shot of AZ.

Would you take it ?

That's what Wales have done. It is now looking very prudent as the AstraZeneca vaccine, while still as effective as the others, takes longer for immunity to build. The Pfizer and Modern doses they are now firing out take less time for initial immunity to build - especially in the younger cohorts who are now receiving them.

This all adds up, especially when it's a race against the virus and if the 'Indian variant' is indeed more easily transmitted. Clearly you can see how this extra ~8% of first doses in those most likely to spread it is helping them crush outbreaks. Also, both Wales and Israel have the 'Indian variant'.

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

'Wait for your blue envelope.'

'Get on the phone to them.'

These are phrases that have no place in an optimal public health rollout, in a developed country, in fucking 2021.

You seen this brother?

20210601_105129.thumb.jpg.303f69833e411b42afd5e51b7624beae.jpg

Recently moved house and so changed GP, have now got the text confirmation they have matched my records, and will send confirmation of appointment soon. 

Get me jabbed up

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You seen this brother?

20210601_105129.thumb.jpg.303f69833e411b42afd5e51b7624beae.jpg

Shocked that they don't support measures that mean more time  at work for them.

Contrary to the image they like to portray 76% of teachers actually couldn't give a f**k about whether kids get a decent education or not.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

The country is swimming in AZ vaccine and this tiny safety concern should be optional as was originally intended.

Get AZ walk ins and let the under 40s decide for themselves if they will take a shot of AZ.

Would you take it ?

I was given Pfizer 4 weeks ago but I'd have happily taken AZ.

11 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Shocked that they don't support measures that mean more time  at work for them.

Contrary to the image they like to portray 76% of teachers actually couldn't give a f**k about whether kids get a decent education or not.

Thats a very precise number there

33 minutes ago, virginton said:

'Wait for your blue envelope.'

'Get on the phone to them.'

These are phrases that have no place in an optimal public health rollout, in a developed country, in fucking 2021.

Yep, there should be pop up vaccination centres the length and breadth of Scotland, getting the Pfizery goodness fired into peoples veins.  I'm just off the phone to my GP practice and was told they're 'finishing the 40 to 50 year olds this week'. 😂

5 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

That's my wife (30) got her appointment through for 2 weeks yesterday. NHS Tayside obviously getting towards the end. I'm 29, so hopefully mine will come through shortly, as I've not heard anything about walk-ins happening here.

I'm 33 and still waiting so I think like most health boards, NHS Tayside are a bit all over the place depending on where you live.